Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
TagMan

Default Yet another MACS experience !

I wanted to get a ’33 Ford hood ornament badge. I looked in MACS catalog, (which I received about 4-weeks ago) and saw they were $15.95. I went to add the badge to an order I was placing online and the price appeared, as $49.99 !!

I figured it was a problem with the online catalog, so I didn’t bother ordering it. I placed the rest of the order for pick-up and drove over to Buffalo yesterday. I asked the counter man to check that part number and it came up on his computer as $52.95 !!

I showed him the catalog price and he said that several items had doubled or tripled in price because they had some "new Suppliers". I think it’s more likely that Eckcler’s is just trying to stick it to the consumer, unless, of course, they brought the manufacture of the item back to the USA, but the counter man couldn’t tell me where it was made.

I’ve always been a proponent of MACS and have been dealing with them for 30-years or so, back to when they were on Lincoln Ave. in Lockport and Mr. MacIntosh ran the business, but a 300+% increase is WAY out of line, in my opinion. From now on, I guess my business will go to C&G or one of the other Suppliers.
TagMan is offline   Reply With Quote