Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
wmpv29

Default Body Blocks 28/29 Rdstr.

I recently purchased a set of body blocks for my 29 Roadster project from Mikes A Ford-Able Parts, Maysville, GA. The blocks appear to be Oak and well made. The kit I received from Mike's had the Phaeton (short)block which I used for a sectional dimension pattern and extended to a 14" length. I gave up on locating any wood patterns for the blocks as I wanted to fabricate the fairly simple blocks from material on hand. For my future use, I carefully measured the blocks in the kit as received and recorded the dimensions on a CAD drawing for each block. The drawings were not made with a scanner or digitizer but were measured by hand using a steel engineers scale in 10ths-inch. I am attaching a copy of the drawings that may be helpful to others working on a 28/29 Rdstr or Phaeton. I would suggest that a 'test fit' of each block be made and then the mounting holes drilled based on the test fit results.
Hope I don't step on anyone's toes by sharing these dimensions on the barn but I have received much good advice on this forum and wanted to share what I have with other Model A guys.

Bill Malone
wmpv29
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FrontBodyBlkNo1.pdf (67.2 KB, 201 views)
File Type: pdf BodyBlkNo2.pdf (42.1 KB, 103 views)
File Type: pdf BodyBlkNo3.pdf (43.1 KB, 79 views)
File Type: pdf BodyBlkNo4.pdf (38.9 KB, 74 views)
File Type: pdf RearBodyBlk5.pdf (54.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: pdf 192829PhaetonRoadsterBodyBlks.pdf (392.7 KB, 102 views)
wmpv29 is offline   Reply With Quote