Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
ctvpa

Default Merger again considered, Credible opinions requested

This morning MAFCA posted:

MAFCA announces it's "15 in 15 Membership Program!" MAFCA has set a goal of 15,000 members in 2015. We are asking all MAFCA members to help achieve this goal. Your chapter has received special incentives to achieve the goal, contact your Chapter representative for more information!

I replied :
I would like an honest opinion. I know this is a hot topic, but it is relevant.

In today's world, all social type clubs are losing members. When I was young there was many choices, the garden club, camera club, Masonic or Knights, etc. Most all are dwindling or gone.

I am well aware of the circumstances that caused the separation that divided one national club into two national Model A clubs.
But I am going ask that controversial taboo question.

Why can't MAFCA & MARC merge into one.

Currently both clubs compete for members, maintain two headquarters, publish two magazines, organize two different sets of national meets (both attempting to attract members from the same limited, and reducing, number of Model A owners).

I have posted this an several Model A based sites, and the overwhelming response is that members support a merger to one club.

With this, the operating costs would drop dramatically. The cost of having two headquarters, two sets of employees, two publications, opposing national meets, and membership dues all would benefit.
With a merger I can only think of how this would positively benefit the dues paying members.

With increasing dues for both clubs, and so many of our membership on fixed incomes, more are forced to choose one over the other. Many are 'opting out'.

Now is the time to forgive and forget the history that divided our club. That is in the past. Let us place our direction on the future.

Please answer directly, what is the reason that prevents the two clubs from uniting into one larger, organized, efficient national club?
Thank you.
ctvpa is offline   Reply With Quote