Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-31-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
30standardcoupe

Default 30 Coupe dome light/windshield wiper wiring question

Greetings:

Ok I have a 30 Standard coupe, that I bought all new wiring harness for, I am using the 6 volt system, with a generator.

I do have the stock instrument light, wired to the Ammeter side, as I am supposed to, but in addition, I am wiring in a overhead dome light, that I bought new from a vendor, and a electric windshield wiper motor that I have yet to purchase.

My question is where do these new wires connect? Do I run two (2) wires from the overhead dome light, (1) wire connects to the body, the other side to the ammeter or ?????.

The same for the wiper motor, does (1) one wire go the body, and the other go straight the battery or ????.

The wiper motor is a "down the road" project, but while the car is apart, I wanted to run the wire.

TIA
Clay
30standardcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: 30 Coupe dome light/windshield wiper wiring question

I would connect both the light and wiper to the ammeter so it shows a discharge when they are on but the engine is off.

Does you instrument panel have the light in the center, or do you have a later 30 with the instrument light under the dash rail?
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:34 AM   #3
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: 30 Coupe dome light/windshield wiper wiring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
I would connect both the light and wiper to the ammeter so it shows a discharge when they are on but the engine is off.

Does you instrument panel have the light in the center, or do you have a later 30 with the instrument light under the dash rail?
You can also use the terminal in the box where the output of ammeter connects just to relieve the strain on the rather flimsy "can" that the ammeter is made of.