Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-05-2024, 12:36 PM   #1
Citiyard

Default size of a trailer

What size trailer would accommodate 36 Tudor and 37 Fordoor both? How big of a truck to pull it?

Thanks!
Citiyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 12:47 PM   #2
rockfla

Default Re: size of a trailer

42 to 46 feet minimum. At least a 350/3500 dually. Goose Neck I would say is a must. We have two 28' that we pull our cars with and depending on the car....om average we have about 5' in front of the car, and about 2-1/2 to 3 feet from the back of the car to the back of the trailer.

Last edited by rockfla; 02-05-2024 at 12:52 PM.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 01:48 PM   #3
Bored&Stroked

I think RockFla is spot on - especially with the dualie part! You need the load capacity, the big/heavy suspension and most importantly the big brakes.

The other thing I would suggest is about a 100+ gallon extra diesel tank in the bed of the truck. When you're getting 8 - 10 mpg, your fuel usage will be huge. Lastly, don't even think about a gas truck - you must go with a diesel - period.
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 01:59 PM   #4
rockfla

Bored & Stroked is dead on correct, forgot about "Diesel ONLY"!!!! My Dad fought me profusely about a dually and fought me "mildly" about a diesel. Our first pull truck was a 2000 F250 single rear wheel power stroke diesel.....he loved the truck. Unfortunately (Fortunately from my perspective) it got totaled in an accident. We then bought a 2002 F350 Dually 7.3 power stroke, you cannot pry that truck out of my Dad's hands, he absolutely loves the dually.......even MORE SO, my Mom loves it, so much more stable, comfortable and high up!!! AS I told my Dad, you are hauling items that are important and priceless to you!!!! Get the absolute best, safest vehicle you can to haul them (AND STOP THEM).....Its cheap insurance and its your life/safety on the line!!!!
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote