Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-18-2015, 01:53 AM   #1
mercman from oz

Default Model Collectors- 1956 Ford Customline

Top Gear Australia have just announced a model of the Australian 1956 Ford Customline Sedan and are taking advance Orders. This is a strictly limited production model, so be quick. Most model companies usually pick the 2 door hardtop or convertible models to model, so it is refreshing to see a Customline Sedan being modeled in their latest offering. Besides the Mainline Ute, the Customline Sedan was the only big Ford offered in Australia. These Scale Models are in 1/43rd Scale. American Model Collectors can really save money on these models, seeing as the value of the Australian Dollar only buys around 70 USA Cents. Can't wait to receive my model of this car which was very popular in Australia.
You can check the other offerings from Top Gear by clicking on this Link http://www.topgear.com.au/
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:19 AM   #2
mercman from oz

Default Re: Model Collectors- 1956 Ford Customline

These are the original Sales Brochures for the Australian 1956 Ford Customline. The top one was the first one offered, then it was replaced about 6 months later when Ford offered Two-Toning. The TRAX model is similar to the car on the cover of the updated Brochure.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:35 AM   #3
mercman from oz

Attached are pictures of Top Gear Australia's previously released 1958 Ford Customline. Ford Australia never kept pace with the USA after 1956, and used the carry over 1956 Ford Customline body for both 1957 and 1958. For the upgrade on the 1957 models, they used the side Chrome Trim from the 1956 Ford Fairlane, added Chrome Headlight Rims and a large V8 Badge in the centre of the Grille. For 1958, they borrowed the Grille from a 1955 Canadian Meteor and the Side Trim from the 1956 Canadian Meteor. It was a sharp looking car, especially in Three Tone. The model pictured above was released by Top Gear a few years back and was an instant hit. If anyone is wanting to buy one, their only chance is to find one on eBay. It was so popular that Top Gear have decided to offer the 1956 Ford Customline. They are currently taking Orders for this model, so if you want a model of the 1956 Ford Customline, make sure you put in your Order. I can wait to get one to add to my Ford Model collection.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #4
big job

Question? Then who made the originals? I remember those perfectly at the dealer
1955-1956. Always thought Ford made them only for dealers?

sam
big job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #5
mercman from oz

You may be talking about Promos. They were given out to prospective customers in the USA but were in 1/24th or 1/25th Scale. These models are in the popular 1/43rd Small Scale. I have never seen a promo of these big Fords in Australia. The only Ford Promo issued by Ford Australia that I have seen is for the 1962/63 Ford XL Falcon. Normally, the body styles chosen for Promos were the Hardtop and convertible models. Also, I believe that if they did chose to offer a sedan, it would have been the Fairlane, not the Customline. The 58 Ford shown in this Post was unique to Australia mixing two different years of the Canadian Meteor trim.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:30 PM   #6
mercman from oz

If you haven't put your Order in for one of these Scale Model 1956 Ford Customlines, you only have 10 days left before the Order Book closes on Oct 29.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:19 AM   #7
RCM

Ah.. cool.
RCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:02 AM   #8
mercman from oz

Collectors of Scale Model Cars may like to look at the Catalogues put out by Top Gear in Australia. I hope that the Link works?

http://www.page-reader.com/top-gear-...O+ALL+TRAX+COL