Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
emmit

Default appraisels

Was wondering if there is a general appraisel for model aa trucks? I know its all condition, and rarity. Anyone want to tackle this one? could shoot you a few pics. exchange phone nos.
Thank you.
emmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: appraisels

Appraisals are a very subjective topic, and subject to much interpretation. "Arm-chair Appraising" is a easy-to-do task that generally has no validity. What is this appraisal you're requesting intended to do? Is it to satisfy a legal issue, --or to set a replacement value, ...or to determine a selling price?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Brent is right you can find someone to give you an appraisal price for any amount you need depending on the backround of the appraiser.

We have a guy here that is heavy into restoring all types of cars and he does appraisals. Remember when it comes to appraisals they don't always match selling prices.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
Charlie Stephens

Brent asked the most important question, what is the apraisal intended to do? If you are trying to settle an estate the "Old Cars Price Guide" will provide a low cost (the price of the magazine) quick answer and a piece of paper you can use to back it up. A formal professional apraisal could cost a couple of hunderd dollars.

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
Steve Wastler

If you are looking for current market trends on any Model A, look at the MAFCA web site in the classified section under services. Rick Black, long time model A'er has compiled information in a data base of cars sold/not sold and offers an electronic report for a small fee. I think 10 bucks, the data base includes info of like 11 thousand model A's offered for sale over the years. I think there is a link to a sample report. Rick is currently the MAFCA Web master amongst other things, great guy
Steve Wastler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
redmodelt

You can track "SELLING" prices on similar cars or trucks on ebay and get a general idea what its worth. Note that I say "SELLING" price not listed price.
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
emmit

I guess there is no real way to determine a value of these old vehicles. That looks more like a personel preference thing. The variables in play seem endless of course. Looks like a culmination of the 3 mentioned above should give me an idea as to insurance purposes at the least. The truck is original, unrestored, unmolested, great (driver vehicle) without any serious issues. Stake body with all original metal stakes and wood in place. Original motor that does'nt burn oil or smoke at all. I guess i'll leave it that way.
Thanks.
emmit is offline   Reply With Quote