Thread: 1951 F3 Build
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
sam03

Default 1951 F3 Build

Well i finally found a project truck that i could afford and had cash at the same time. I found a 51 F3 on Craigslist that was going to be crushed if not sold. Luckily it was only 7miles from my house and the owner had a trailer and was willing to drop it off. The owner bought it for the flathead 6 and didn't have anything to do with the rest. The plan is to build a budget resto that i can drive and enjoy. I know flathead and budget dont go together but I really want a flathead in the truck.

1951 F3

So i started looking for parts around me. I found a "run" chassis 20miles away but when i got there i found out that the guy meant it ran back in the 50s...but ended up bring it home any ways for a couple parts that were missing that i knew i could use on the build and if I'm lucky maybe the engine will not be as bad once i open it up and can be used. If not its a cool piece of history.

pics of the 1952 F1 parts truck

This past Sunday the guy i bought the F3 called and said his buddy had some spare front end i could have if i came and got it. It had been sitting in the weeds for years and had a couple bullet holes so its going to need work but whatever it wasn't far and the old guy had abt 50 old cars and trucks in his yard so i got to look at a bunch of rust gold and hear cool stories on how he got some of them.
sam03 is offline   Reply With Quote