The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mac's web site (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160878)

qmdv 02-07-2015 11:14 AM

Mac's web site

I did a search in their online catalog in the "Ford Car 32-48" for water pump.

Your search returns no results.

Very poor online catalog. Maybe I should shop elsewhere.

Tim

Bob C 02-07-2015 11:21 AM

Re: Mac's web site

Worked for me, just click on 32-48 then cooling system then water pump.
OK, I tried using the blue box and typing in water pump and your right nothing.

Bob

Scott H in Wheaton 02-07-2015 11:54 AM

Tell them, not us.

JSeery 02-07-2015 12:23 PM

Their site works great, just have to understand it. Enter the part number, easy way is to use the Green Book for the part number and then enter it. You don't even need the complete number, just the base number. I for one really like the way there site is set up.

4tford 02-07-2015 12:44 PM

seems like an easy simple site to me. But then I have my coffee first in the morning.

FrankWest 02-07-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qmdv (Post 1029373)
I did a search in their online catalog in the "Ford Car 32-48" for water pump.

Your search returns no results.

Very poor online catalog. Maybe I should shop elsewhere.

Tim

They have a poor site! I find stuff on there site from google.
Type MAC's Then you part name,,usually I can find it.
If you use their site you have to have the part number..screwed up.
Send you a catalog then you can find stuff their too.

Jim in Wisconsin 02-08-2015 09:06 AM

Wasn't there a thread started by someone from Mac's offering to help with problems?
I thought there was, but I can't find it now.

johnh7 02-08-2015 11:01 AM

here is one of them:
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159458

Shadetree 02-08-2015 11:30 AM

With Mac's you simply type in the year, the model and select the make. Then type in the part you are looking for and it comes up. The only negative thing I can see is you have to repeat the information again to look up additional parts in a different category.

qmdv 02-08-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadetree (Post 1029859)
With Mac's you simply type in the year, the model and select the make. Then type in the part you are looking for and it comes up. The only negative thing I can see is you have to repeat the information again to look up additional parts in a different category.

I say go ahead as you outline. After year, model and make you type on water pump. "Your search returns no results". Hey it is 2015 and I say that maybe there site was created by same guys as Obama Care.

I now use Ford Parts Obsolete in Long Beach (out of business years ago) catalog to find part number then type it in.

tim

Shadetree 02-08-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadetree (Post 1029859)

Tim,
You are correct. I first tried the information for my `51 F1 and a display of water pumps came up. Then I tried `32-48 and requested a 1932 water pump and a default message came up.

JSeery 02-08-2015 05:18 PM

It is set up to work on part numbers, you can search other ways but part numbers is far simpler. I would never order a part from any vender without first knowing the correct part number for what I am wanting. I do not believe it is the venders responsibility to determine the correct parts for my application, but to each his own. If you want to trust someone else to provide you the correct part that's sure one way to do it. But, I want to know what I need before I start looking!

supereal 02-08-2015 05:41 PM

That is why we use C&G. They have people who actually can help you if you don't have their very good catalog. We don't use Mac's, as we had problems with quality of some parts. I understand they changed owners, so maybe the transition screwed up their system.

rich b 02-08-2015 11:51 PM

Search by description function has been screwed up ever since Ekler's took over, that along with the shipping rate on my last order has me shopping elsewhere.

Eckler's 02-09-2015 08:22 AM

I will agree our website can be a little weird at times. For some reason you have to fill all the info in the micro site section before it will bring up any results. On any of our other site you just simply type in a keyword. I have heard there might be changes coming soon to the website due to us changing the ordering system. No time table yet on when those changes will happen.

done4 02-09-2015 09:42 AM

You guys at MAC should talk to Ryan, I'm sure he would have some suggestions on how to improve the site.

malpais 02-09-2015 11:08 AM

We are always critical of computer apps - like catalogs. I often asked for app changes as did EVERYONE else. The computer folks couldn't keep up. Then as changes occurred, so did some "unintended" problems.

With all that in mind, one thing I likes about search feature on the major Mac's competitor, is the ability to search for partial numbers. Very handy.

Gordon

CTH automotive 02-11-2015 09:15 AM

I can handle their parts search. I don't like how there operators have no "Technical" knowledge. Then when they pass you to tech Their techs try to make you feel like you don't know what you are talking about.

burner31 02-11-2015 09:22 AM

From my experience I have found their site to be the best, not all their parts mind you, but the site itself, they are my go to first choice in search, then I move out from there for price and QUALITY. Plus I like to see what the part looks like, not all sites have that option.

gmc1941 02-11-2015 09:26 AM

It's nothing different than going into one of your local parts stores. No great experience in the business. Everyone relies on the computer, which means, hire anybody. Granted there are some highly experience counter people but they are few and far between.