Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
[email protected]

Default Thanks guys, it really made my day

I want to thank all my Ford Barn friends for the help I've received over the last month. As a lot of people know I've been busy rebuilding the transmission on my '21 touring car. I've been at it most all winter because I'm so slow at what I do. It should have taken me a week. However in the last Week or so I've made a strong effort to get my '26 sedan running so I could take it on a bit of a mini-tour today. It started with a carburetor kit and ended with rebuilt coils, lube and oil change, a bit of new wiring and a new Anderson timer. In between the start and the finish there were several days that were 8 to 10 hours a day in the shop (which may not seem like much but when you've got some physical disabilities it seems like a very long day). I started with a car that would hardly run and finished with a very reliable car. So the purpose of this post is to thank everyone for putting up with me during this time. You're all great. I especially want to thank farmallcub49 and yachtsmanbill for being there and being willing to endure my endless questions that at times had to seem pretty, well, you know stupid. Today I went on the mini-tour and the car never missed a beat. Though we only covered 30 to 40 miles that old motor kept clicking off the miles like it was excited to finally be back out of the barn and on the road. Now don't get some idea that this is a wonder car or 100 point restoration. It's hardly a thing of beauty but today it stood tall. People were excited to see it and trust me that's really something when considering I was traveling with a mint '25 T touring car, a 1910 Buick roadster and 1910 Maxwell roadster. Both roadsters are beautiful cars that are way beyond my T's class of car but my old sedan held her own. It was a day I'll remember for a long time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1302.jpg (52.7 KB, 31 views)
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
yachtsmanbill

Default Re: Thanks guys, it really made my day

Im calling BS on you this time.... You had it towed there... theres no oil slick or water puddles underneath it! BRAVO for you! What was the outcome of the timer debaucle? ws
yachtsmanbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
[email protected]

Default Re: Thanks guys, it really made my day

The timer was right when I got done setting it the last time. I think the best description I've found on how to do the job was posted by Doug Money. Basically what he's saying is to take #1 piston just past TDC, turn the timer counterclockwise until #1 coil stops buzzing, then turn it clockwise to where it just starts to buzz. Then bend the rod to fit. my problem the other night was trying to set the timer too close to TDC.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote