Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
[email protected]

Default Barn find model t

I think I might have 2 model t's that have to the best of my knowledge been in a barn since I bought them. However if I ever decide to sell them I'm going to advertise them as "barn finds".

I did get a kick out of the newest label that's showing up on Eboy now. I noticed several listings for "barn fine" yesterday. They weren't even found they were not even coarse they were "fine".
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
fordman67

Default Re: Barn find model t

SO...if a "barn find" adds 20% how many cars do you have to sell to pay for owning your own barn? versus renting...and does one simply park said car in the barn for a predetermined time period? or do you have to genuinely forget that said car is in the barn....then remember? or does a moment of confusion constitute the "forgetting that said car is in the barn"??
Also sir fine? must be sanded well with at least 2500 grit paper...1500 just wont doo.....
Na, I dont like working on cars...I exist for it!
fordman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Wick

This is Barn Find...sitting from 1955 to 2010. I had to cut alot of brush away to get them both out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wick12610%20003[1].jpg (8.0 KB, 325 views)
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
This is Barn Find...sitting from 1955 to 2010. I had to cut alot of brush away to get them both out.
I would call that a really nice find. If you want to call it a barn find that's just fine. I really want to find those in my barn. Did you take both cars?
Let's go.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
[email protected]

[RIGHT[/RIGHT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
I would call that a really nice find. If you want to call it a barn find that's just fine. I really want to find those in my barn. Did you take both cars?
Let's go.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
John Otis

Send a message via AIM to John Otis Send a message via Yahoo to John Otis

Slightly off topic but back in the 80's a friend of mine heard about a 356 Porsche Speedster. Apparently this guy had bought it new and was killed in an accident at work about a year later. Family couldn't bear to part with his car so they put it in a shed out back. My friend had to cut down some sizable trees to get the thing out. Only had about 10 thousand miles on it but after all that time on a dirt floor it needed a lot of work.
John Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
b67

Where I grew up in Vt, there were many Model t's in barns(usually the"old barn").Most of these cars were brass cars and were stored because the owners couldnt get anything for a trade in and couldnt see giving them away,so they were kept against the day they might need a spare. I saw some of the nicest original early brass cars come out of barns up here between 1968-1976 that you would ever find anywhere. A family friend actually made a pretty good living for awhile finding old cars. I guess I bought the last true barn find car around here in 1985. It was a 1923 touring made into a truck by a farmer. These were the original "barn finds," put into storage by their original owners
b67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
fordman67

YES those ARE barn finds! And great ones at that.I just find quite a few that are,well fishy and seem fictious.I know they are out there but not as many as some would lead us to believe.
Na, I dont like working on cars...I exist for it!
fordman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
28RPU

I was stationed at Shaw AFB in S.C.in 1971-72 and out the back gate there was a Model T in a barn. It was there since before WWII because the young guy who owned it parked it there and never came back from the war and his parents couldn't part with it for sentimental reasons. Since that was so long ago I am sure they died by now and the T is long gone.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #10
[email protected]

Several years ago one of our neighbors had a lean-to out attached to his barn. For years we'd drive by and the old man would say "I think that's a model B sitting in there'. Then he'd say "they didn't make those for very many years". They just didn't have much power and were too slow. It was still there when I went into the army in early '70. All the time I was in the service I kept telling my Dad to keep an eye on it because I might want to buy it if old man Hafar would sell it to me. It was a sedan model and I don't know if it was a model B or not, the old man probably didn't either. But as you've probably already guessed it was gone when I got home. And I'd be willing to bet if I'd of bought it, it probably would have gone with my crown vic and my '49 2 door Opera Coupe and my '52 2 door when the old man cleared out all his junk and told the SOB that gave him $15.00 apiece to take them and crush them. And they wonder why some of us old vets are so ornery. And I guess the thing that really got me is the guy that took them to crush had been my best friend all the way through school but couldn't get into the military. I got even with him though. He was dating my next door neighbor and she was a very nice person. I think her and I were better friends than he and I were and if I told him the truth about her and I he probably would have never married her. Bwaaahaaahhhaaaahaaa
Let's go.