Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-13-2022, 05:58 PM   #1
JHarley

Default another FNG (gal)

Hi all,
recently purchased a '36 pickup project and I want to get in contact with Oldgold360 to see about purchasing one of his crank hole repairs. I see that he has two left as of today, but I am unable to reply to his thread and I can't pm him until I have at least 10 posts....so here is my first one. Happy to be here and am super excited to get started on my project. I dont have it drug home yet, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks
Julie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220211_121100.jpg (77.0 KB, 605 views)
File Type: jpg 20220211_122303.jpg (40.4 KB, 589 views)
JHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 06:29 PM   #2
Brian

Default Re: another FNG (gal)

Welcome, good looking truck you have there...hopefully old gold will see you want one and reserve one for you. You've only got 9 more posts to go and you'll be able to pm him. Just post 9 more photos individually and you'll be there...and we all love photos
Old 02-13-2022, 06:30 PM   #3
tomcarman

I sent Oldgold a PM to let him know. Jharley, how's the weather in CO?
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 06:52 PM   #4
JHarley

Thank you for giving him a shout. I was hoping someone would do that. It is beautiful outside today. Unfortunately I am at work for a few more hours.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:58 PM   #5
tomcarman

You're missing the Super Bowl? I've seen every SB over played.
Old 02-13-2022, 07:17 PM   #6
petehoovie

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarley View Post
Hi all,
recently purchased a '36 pickup project and I want to get in contact with Oldgold360 to see about purchasing one of his crank hole repairs. I see that he has two left as of today, but I am unable to reply to his thread and I can't pm him until I have at least 10 posts....so here is my first one. Happy to be here and am super excited to get started on my project. I dont have it drug home yet, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks
Julie

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:00 PM   #7
JHarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcarman View Post
You're missing the Super Bowl? I've seen every SB over played.
I'm watching it off and on. Meh i can take it or leave it. Some years i get more enthused about it than others. I prefer the Puppy Bowl. haha
Old 02-13-2022, 08:06 PM   #8
tomcarman

Quote:
I'm watching it off and on. Meh i can take it or leave it. Some years i get more enthused about it than others. I prefer the Puppy Bowl. haha
That's a nice looking PU! Thanks to Pete Hoovie for enlarging. Certainly being in CO you must be a Broncos fan. I watched the Puppy bowl the other day. It was better than a few Super Bowls I've seen. So what's your long term plan for your new PU?
Old 02-13-2022, 09:07 PM   #9
ssffnomad

Welcome. Like it . Good Luck.
Stretch
ssffnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:31 PM   #10
OldGold360

Quote:
Hi all,
Julie
Hello and welcome to the Barn. Nice pickup! I just sent you a PM.

Josh
OldGold360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:39 PM   #11
JHarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcarman View Post
That's a nice looking PU! Thanks to Pete Hoovie for enlarging. Certainly being in CO you must be a Broncos fan. I watched the Puppy bowl the other day. It was better than a few Super Bowls I've seen. So what's your long term plan for your new PU?
Long term plan is to make it driveable. Lol. More specifically, i plan on leaving it fairly stock. Not gonna hot rod it at least for now. Keep the flathead. Will want to upgrade to hydraulic brakes. Unsure if i will keep stock rearend and transmission, but i would like the appearance to remain originalish. I dont have a plan of action yet, hopefully when i get it home and do a better assessment of it, i will figure out if i want to tear it all down right away, or just get it running/driving. Glass need replaced, body and fenders could use some attention. I dont intend it to ever be a show truck, just something cool and fun to putt around in. Hopefully i didnt bite off more than i can chew.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:58 PM   #12
tomcarman

Quote:
Long term plan is to make it driveable. Lol. More specifically, i plan on leaving it fairly stock. Not gonna hot rod it at least for now. Keep the flathead. Will want to upgrade to hydraulic brakes. Unsure if i will keep stock rearend and transmission, but i would like the appearance to remain originalish. I dont have a plan of action yet, hopefully when i get it home and do a better assessment of it, i will figure out if i want to tear it all down right away, or just get it running/driving. Glass need replaced, body and fenders could use some attention. I dont intend it to ever be a show truck, just something cool and fun to putt around in. Hopefully i didnt bite off more than i can chew.
You've certainly come to the right forum for advice. I have little mechanical knowledge but there are many on here that are experts and I've learned much just from reading. If it were mine I'd try and get it running and driving and assess the needs/wants in order of importance and cost/benefits. The previous owner may be able to help in those areas but if not take pics and post them here. I'm sure many will chime in. There may be others here on the Barn that are near you to help in person. Please keep us updated as we all love progress reports. Best wishes in your endeavor! That looks like a nice project.
Tom
Old 02-14-2022, 03:35 AM   #13
JHarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGold360 View Post
Hello and welcome to the Barn. Nice pickup! I just sent you a PM.

Josh
Josh, i am still unable to respond to your pm due to being too new to this site. Idk if its allowed for you to pm me your email address, so in the mean time i will just communicate with you here.

Yes, please, on the crank hole repair. I think i read where you didnt have any more bars available and possible werent going to make any more. BUT..if you are ever inclined to produced them again i for sure want 2 or 3 bars. And the crank hole repair for certain. I can send you a check, just give me your contact info. I am obviously in no rush, but i wanted to jump on it before everything was spoken for. I know its just a little side gig that you are doing, but wow was i glad to see that you were making this stuff. I appreciate you getting in touch. Thanks
Julie

Josh
Old 02-14-2022, 10:19 AM   #14
51504bat

Love the farmer repair to the right front fender. As far as hydraulic brakes here is one source:
http://www.earlyv8garage.net/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220211_121100.jpg (77.0 KB, 58 views)
Old 02-14-2022, 01:22 PM   #15
Clem Clement

J,
You done come to the right place. these guys know their stuff. Lawson has a '35 that he built. I have a tired '39 that is too much fun to mess with.
My view is to not take it apart for at least a year. Get it safe and running and DRIVE. Merge with the pick-up. It will tell you what it needs. What is its name?
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:11 PM   #16
sidevalve8ba

Wonderful patina on your truck, Julie. As others have said, make it safe and drive it for a while. You won't regret it!
sidevalve8ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:11 PM   #17
ford38v8

I've been lurking and waiting... What does FNG mean?
Old 02-14-2022, 02:23 PM   #18
JM 35 Sedan

Hi Julie, welcome to the Fordbarn. Your '36 pu looks to be in pretty solid condition, and should make a great driver. I agree with Clem, don't take it completely apart and go thru a long restoration. Instead, get it mechanically sound and safe to drive, and just make the interior and exterior cosmetically presentable to suit your own personal likings. If/when you need some parts, put an ad in the "wanted" section. Some of us who post here may what you need in our stash of parts. You'll get a lot of good help from folks who post here.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:27 PM   #19
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Come on Alan, I can't believe you don't know what FNG means. Get with the program man!!

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:29 PM   #20
hotrodart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post

On this forum......"Fine New Gal". On the H.A.M.B., something entirely different, and objectionable to some people.
hotrodart is offline   Reply With Quote