Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-02-2015, 05:54 PM   #1
SofaKing

Default 39pu door rollers

The window rollers are missing. I have searched the threads, no joy. I'd like to see what they look like, where I can buy some and how they are replaced. The usual suppliers don't sell individual rollers that I can find. Also, the roller axel is countersunk on the free end and swaged on the other so it is not apparent how these are replaced, at least to me. Thanks all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (67.0 KB, 36 views)
SofaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #2
alan

Default Re: 39pu door rollers

look very carefully at the roller pictured--that is all there is, pull back on the larger round piece (compressing the spring) and you will see that this metal roller fits into the groove in the glass support channel
alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:28 PM   #3
SofaKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
look very carefully at the roller pictured--that is all there is, pull back on the larger round piece (compressing the spring) and you will see that this metal roller fits into the groove in the glass support channel
Thanks, thats a pleasant surprise.

I do plan to remove the regulators, clean, inspect, lube them and straighten the glass channel before replacing the glass. I have been looking for the felts, I'd like to get a complete set, any recommendations? Also, I have 39 door on the left side but the right side door is a 1940 ( I think) based on the body lines. Are the felts or channels different between 39 & 40? I have the chassis parts book but not the body book.
SofaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #4
V12Bill

There may be only one manufacturer of the window felts sold by many dealers. I found that the whiskers, the strips outside and inside at the bottom of the glass, were not long enough to bend and fit the door. I had to purchase additional strips and cut long enough to bend and have enough material for the proper length.
V12Bill is offline   Reply With Quote