Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-17-2015, 06:10 PM   #81
Tinbasher

Default Re: Seeking advice for my 1928 Sport Coupe

Hi Hardtail: I'll be working on my Sport Coupe Wed. night in Thornton, about 15 minutes from you give me a call. 705-715-7628. I can walk you through a lot of these procedures. And make your life easier. Plus you can look at my car that's together.

The Old Tinbasher.
Tinbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:25 AM   #82
Hardtail75

Default Re: Seeking advice for my 1928 Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterbob
Your sandblasting equipment seemed to do a good job on the body. My local media blast guy won't do sheet metal with his dry system. Maybe the difference is the wet process keeps the heat down. What type media did you use on sheet metal?
Also, great progress on the subframe and patch panels. You're making good progress.
Hi bob. Yes the water adds density and removes the heat, it does not warp panels. Works great. I use glass in my system, mind you I can use sand as well but glass is preferred. Thank you for the compliments, I can't wait to get this car together. I saw some videos on youtube and the banger motor really looks fun, sounds like the ol Harleys too. I need to find some information on the engine repair and pedals so I can mock them up. Thinking of making my own custom pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLaVoy
There are a number of parts suppliers I have reviewed in the magazine over the years. You mention needing springs A-Spring is good for those 860-233-3557 they are located in West Hartford, CT. Bratton's and Snyders do a good job with most of the reproduction stuff. Berts in Denver has a lot of original stuff as does Arizona Model A in Phoenix area. Visit the mafca.com they have a lot of parts for sale and links to a lot of the vendor websites.
Hi John. Thanks very much for the info. The reversed front leaf spring I picked up from Synders. I have not installed it yet. Going to make another list of things to order today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm
Looking good so far!
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbasher View Post
Hi Hardtail: I'll be working on my Sport Coupe Wed. night in Thornton, about 15 minutes from you give me a call. 705-715-7628. I can walk you through a lot of these procedures. And make your life easier. Plus you can look at my car that's together.

The Old Tinbasher.
Thanks Tinbasher, sounds great!

So not a lot to see here folks but some progress that feels like a relief.

I have to order or fabricate another bung as it cracked during removal.

So here is the good news....my dad and I got the body tacked in place with the doors opening and closing!! Now I need to make the top braces and fix the spacing by a tiny bit so everything closes smoothly. This is pretty exciting for me, can't wait to see what it will look like by the end of the week. The hood is when you press it down actually lines up with the body, but it is kinked on the surface near the main rod. Gonna have to use the body hammer and dolly to straighten it out some.

Hardtail75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)