Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-03-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Proof wanted about the 1928 60-A 2-Window Fordor Sedan

I am looking for some kind of proof that when the Model A Ford was introduced on December 2, 1927 to the American public, that along with the Phaeton, Roadster, Standard Coupe, Sport Coupe and Tudor, that the Fordor Sedan was also shown during this time.

I kind of do not think it was... but on the other hand I kind of think it was shown.

If it was shown at the time...It may have been of the 3-window style...thus later changed to the 2-Window type.

If some of you that live in some of these larger cities that could access your local library that have the old newspapers...could you please go to the December 2 or 3, 1927 issue of the local major newspaper of the time and check to see if infact it was mentioned or even a photo of the Fordor on display. Most of the major newspapers of the times had HUGE articles contained within during this special time.

If any of you (first 5 that do) that come up with some positive information that it was there, I will personally send you one of my books...Part 1 about Passenger car production figures or Part 2 about Commercial car production figures.

I have seen artists drawings of this very early 3-Window Fordor but no actual photos of the car itself. It may have very well been the 2-Window type on display December 2, 1927...Who knows for sure.

HOWEVER...Might be fighting a dead horse here...In looking at the 1927 Yearly Assembly Record type document...It shows the following Model A Fords that were assembled in 1927: Phaeton (221), Roadster (refered as the Runabout) (269), Coupe (629), Sport Coupe (734), Tudor (1948)...No Fordor's assembled.

Send all findings to [email protected]

Good luck.

Pluck

Last edited by Steve Plucker; 03-03-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
WTSHNN

Default Re: Proof wanted about the 1928 60-A 2-Window Fordor Sedan

Pluck,

To be clear, you want to see an actual car. I have many photographs of the debut of the Model A where there are various posters hanging up showing the different body styles including a three window fordor.

But you're locking for metal and wood. Right?

I always thought, cause I believe I was told such, that these pictures were taken at the premiere event in December '27. But I can't find anything to prove that.

-Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Henry and Edsel Ford.jpg (46.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg bfebe41cc3ed4b89270b81a91bd91f45.jpg (62.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 2SHF34BK6II6TEDOTVK3MRI6WQ.jpg (85.3 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by WTSHNN; 03-03-2020 at 02:42 PM.
WTSHNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:20 PM   #3
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Proof wanted about the 1928 60-A 2-Window Fordor Sedan

Yes, "metal and wood".

I am thinking that these may have been taken later because of the closed end bumpers but I do not also know for a fact.

These photos are what I am calling Prototype #2...but who knows for sure.

In one of the photos you will see "Industrial Exposition" in the back ground...I think these took place January 30-February 4, 1928...Two months after the initial showing.

Pluck

Last edited by Steve Plucker; 03-03-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote