Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #221
Hotrodladycrusr

Default Re: 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41ford1 View Post
Jeff, That's the plan.

I'm looking forward to meeting Denise on Sunday at Vic's. I hear she makes some really good cookies! Postings on the HAMB and the Barn rave about them. Makes me wonder what's in 'em.
Thanks bud, looking forward to meeting you as well. Drive safe and I'll see ya Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Chuck, I hear that Denise makes THE BEST chocolate chip cookies!! Unfortunately, for me, by the time I find her at the car shows, the other guys have completely devowered them Maybe this year I'll find her before all are gone .
and last year there was a HUGE bag that had your name on them and when we didn't hook up I had to pass them around the campfire on Saturday night cuz I didn't want to have to eat them all myself. Hopefully this year we'll hook up in the AM and you can eat them all day long.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #222
41ford1

Yup, see you on Sunday at Vic's. This weekend has been fun so far. Lots of miles, meeting some new friends.
41ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #223
Tom Morookian

Default Re: 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Pics

A couple of pics of Vic and the folks just before eating and drinking all my stuff. Great gang and really a fun time.

I took a picture of Vic's motor but his "motor mouth" was so big it took up too much space. My ears HURT!

Thanks for coming by even though I'm a "hotrod".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barnersBash 001.jpg (67.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg barnersBash 002.jpg (76.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg barnersBash 003.jpg (81.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg barnersBash 004.jpg (76.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg barnersBash 005.jpg (61.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg barnersBash 006.jpg (67.0 KB, 52 views)
Tom Morookian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #224
JM 35 Sedan

Thanks for the pictures Tom! What??....you say Vic talks alot?? That's almost unbelievable!!!

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #225
Steves46

Default Re: 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Morookian View Post
A couple of pics of Vic and the folks just before eating and drinking all my stuff. Great gang and really a fun time.

I took a picture of Vic's motor but his "motor mouth" was so big it took up too much space. My ears HURT!

Thanks for coming by even though I'm a "hotrod".

Tom, thank you and your lovely wife for having us over for the wonderful BBQ and to share lots of laughs. If you happen to ever be in the Tampabay area, please look us up. Steve
Old 03-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #226
Vic Piano

Hi Tom, thanks for everything, we all had a blast and I'm still suffering food coma after eating all the hot dogs, burgers, etc. When we got back to Sarasota, the fog had started to roll in. As I was driving to my sisters' place on Longboat Key the fog got so bad that I deccided to spend the night. I got up at 5:30 this morning and drive home. Now I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at my place at 10:00am. I'll post some photos of our weekend adventure later today. Thanks again for a wonderful afternoon.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #227
Vic Piano

I also want to thank GM for inviting us to tour part of his beautiful collection of Flatheads, etc., and for treating all of us to lunch. Vic
Old 03-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #228
Vic Piano

Here it is Sunday afternoon and another Florida "Barner's Bash" has reached a successful conclusion. This year we had several newcomers join us, Tailgater Dude and his wife Joann (spelling) and Tom Morookian and his wife. As scheduled, most of us met at the designated hotel in Sarasota at 9:00am on Friday. The Dude led us to an excellent breakfast place and after plenty of coffee, etc. we headed down to Punta Gorda to GM’s place.

Inside the building with the gas pumps are some beautiful Fords and other memorabilia that GM has collected.

The group assembled out front, (I suggested they line up alphabetically by height…) as George opened the door to start the tour.

Not everyone in attendance was available for the photo. Here, from left to right, are:
Don, Mike, Chuck Stevens, me, Cliff, Steve, Karen & Chuck (41ford1). Once inside GM’s garage, we were all like kids in a candy store, beautiful flatheads everywhere, even a few T-Birds a Model T and a ’54 Corvette among the bunch. I hope some of the other Barner’s will post photos they took at GM’s because I only got a few shots… Here’s some “eye candy” for you;

After the tour George treated all of us to lunch in a beautiful club on the river. Sorry, I don’t have any photos of the lunch as I was too busy eating, (ok, and talking) to take any photos. Hopefully someone did snap a few and will post them here. After lunch we headed back up to Sarasota for the night. On Saturday, we met again at the designated hotel, this time at 8:00am, to cruise down to Ft. Myers to tour the Edison-Ford Winter Estates.

My computer is having some sort of melt down with Photobucket so, I’ll stop at this point and see if I can get the problem solved… Hopefully, I'll be able to post more photos and continue the recap of the “Barner’s Bash” in just a bit.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #229
Vic Piano

Ok, I'll give this another try...

When we were just about a block away from the entrance to the Edison-Ford Estates, I spotted a beautiful '36 Five Window Coupe... Tom M. was standing beside the coupe waving and motioning for us to pull into the parking lot. Tom is a super guy and the job he did on the '36 is outstanding. He was gracious enough to offer to host a BBQ for the group after we finished touring the Edison-Ford Estates. Tom took a head count, handed us printed directions to his house and told us to be ready to eat when we got there. Here are some studious fellows at Edisons...

Here are some photos we took while taking the "audio tour" of the estates.

[IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/Vic_046/Amelia%20Island%
Steve put his Ford cap on Henry for a photo but... Henry would not cooperate...
202013/Cigar%20City%20Flatheads/044_zpsd8547133.jpg[/IMG]
there were two "T"s on display in the garage at the Ford Estate, we were told that an additional two, an "T" & "A" were on display at the Ft. Myers Airport (on loan from the Estate)
Old 03-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #230
Vic Piano

Still having some computer issues...

Here's a shot of Chuck behind one of Fords "Chuck Wagons" used on the famous camping trips he took with Edison, Firestone, etc.

After to tour we drove over to Tom's house where he treated us to some verbal jousting along with a close look at his '36 and some super BBQ. Tom said his work on the '36 was not a restoration but a resurrection... If you saw the before & after photos you would agree. the '36 five Window is a real beauty.

Once again I was busy eating and talking so I didn't get a chance to take photos. I hope someone will post a few of Tom's Coupe and the BBQ. Thanks Tom, we had a blast! After overindulging, we hit the road and headed back to Sarasota.

The weather had taken a turn for the worst and a thick fog was rolling in. I decided to stay at my sister and brother-N-Laws place on Longboat Key for the night. At 5:15am I got up and hit the road because everyone was scheduled to be at my house at 10:00am, to hang out and then go to lunch at the Tarpon Turtle, a local eatery on Lake Tarpon in Tarpon Springs. We had a special visit from our Topless Cruisin' Buddy Denise, the Hot Rod Lady Cruiser. Denise brought a dozen of her famous cookies for JM35 (John Mason) however John couldn't make it to the "Bash" this year so... All I can say is... the cookies were delicious... John shouldn't be upset for too long because, as it turned out, he was selected as the recipient of the 2013 "Miss Shelly Award". As you should know, Bill Wzorek is the creator of the Award as well as the designer and builder of each unique "Trophy". Congratulations to JM and thanks for all your helpful contributions and sharing of knowledge on the FordBarn.
Here are a few photos from today.

The Crew...

Eating AGAIN...

Here is a photo of the 2013 "Miss Shelly Award" crafted by Bill Wzorek and awarded to JM35 John Mason.

Thanks to everyone that took part in this year's "Barner's Bash", I appreciate your continuing effort and support and look forward to our next event... did someone say Moonshine Festival...
Old 03-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #231
TomT/Williamsburg

You guys seemed to have WAY too much fun! Thanks for the pics and the talk about eating - now I'm looking for some BBQ!
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #232
JM 35 Sedan

Wow! What a surprise it was to see a picture of this award posted here. Not sure what I have done to deserve winning this but I am very honered to be chosen. I can't tell you how much I enjoy owning, driving, and yes, even working on these early Ford V8's. I also enjoy helping others experience this same enjoyment. A big thanks to Bill Wzorek for making these nice awards each year and thanks to those who felt I deserve to receive this.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #233
Steves46

Here are some more pics from the 2013 Barners Bash.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #234
Steves46

And a few more....

Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #235
41ford1

Another Florida Bash done. My wife and I had a fun time, but we're both tired of riding and driving. The high points were meeting Tom Moorokian and Denice(Hotrodcriuserlady). Tom's '36 may not be flathead powered, but it is a very well built resurrection of what was a rusting away hulk. A beautiful car in and out. Thanks to Tom and his wife for hosting an excellent BBQ at their place. I'd say Vic met his conversational match with Tom..

Here are a few pics of the Sunday lunch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013 BB lunch1.jpg (223.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 BB lunch2.jpg (230.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 BB Lunch3.jpg (214.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 BB lunch4.jpg (230.2 KB, 25 views)
41ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #236
Vic Piano

Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #237
Vic Piano

Old 04-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #238
trainguy

The pictures are awsome,looks like a great time was had by all.I will have to put it on my bucket list,maybe next year. Phil
trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #239
Vic Piano

Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #240
Brendan

when is the 2014 Barn Bash, I may be coming!

i can't spell my way out of a paper bag!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote