Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-05-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
[email protected]

Default Where do the unique Model A's go?

Have you ever wondered where some Model A's go after an auction?
Fred Carleton on his Facebook AA Truck page posted this picture recently. It brought back a flood of memories as when I first got into Model A's there was a Model A collector of unique body styles in Rockford, IL. A really great guy and helped start off the Model A hobby in this area. Because of the new big box stores that came into the area, his local hardware business took a big hit. This put him into a financial bind and he had an auction of all of his vehicles at Volo Car Museum. This stand up Model A milk delivery AA truck was one of them. It looks like some of his vehicles have made it down to Florida and are now retired comfortably at the Elliot Museum in Stuart, FL. He had an ambulance and a school bus as well if I recall correctly.

14462801_658322594325832_6556628117106720577_n.jpg
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:11 PM   #2
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.
Default Re: Where do the unique Model A's go?

The first milk truck A I have ever seen. Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
2manycars

I dont like the big box stores, and prefer to trade at locally owned small shops. Some times that bites back. I took my camera to the local camera store to have it repaired, and they sent it to the manufacturer. The fix was to keep my camera which needed a lens, and instead send back a repaired newer model, which did not accept my spare batteries. So I was holding 3 batteries that would not fit the newer, repaired camera. It cost me $100 for the so called repair (swap). I went to the big box store a day later and found the same camera that they had sent me as a repaired camera, but new instead, for $50. So I paid $100 for a used, repaired camera, and they kept my otherwise functioning old camera, when I could have bought a brand new one at the big box store for $50, and still had my old camera with the spot on the lens. Then I had to buy spare batteries for the new (repaired used) camera.

I was not pleased.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #4
ursus

I attended an auction of unrestored early Ford cars a few years ago. The last to go was a low mileage Model-A hearse and with only two bidders it went cheap. The buyer said he only wanted it for the running gear and planned to part out the rest. Not much interest in a hearse and I have to think that it had a lot of parts unique to that style. I just can't bring myself to put "body" and "hearse" in the same sentence!
ursus is offline   Reply With Quote