Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-07-2018, 09:19 PM   #1
JimDin CT

Default Interior garnish colors - 1930 Tudor

After owning my car for 17 years, I was surprised today to find out I knew nothing about the correct interior garnish colors.

The Tudor Book 1928-1931 from MAFCA notes that interior garnish was painted "gray or maroon" depending on the upholstery style. Another reference to the colors says they were "Light buff or gray." It's not clear to me whether "maroon" and "light buff" are the same thing.

Anyone know more about the interior colors? Also, any idea what the colors actually look like? I have not found any charts that show these interior colors.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
JimDin CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:31 PM   #2
Flathead

Default Re: Interior garnish colors - 1930 Tudor

"Ford Maroon" is an actual maroon (not gray) color that you can get. If I remember right the month of assembly may affect the color choices, and if standard or deluxe.
Flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:09 PM   #3
Jim/GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDin CT View Post
After owning my car for 17 years, I was surprised today to find out I knew nothing about the correct interior garnish colors.

The Tudor Book 1928-1931 from MAFCA notes that interior garnish was painted "gray or maroon" depending on the upholstery style. Another reference to the colors says they were "Light buff or gray." It's not clear to me whether "maroon" and "light buff" are the same thing.

Anyone know more about the interior colors? Also, any idea what the colors actually look like? I have not found any charts that show these interior colors.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
I don't know where all you have looked, but the table that contains the information you seek is in the Restoration Guidelines book in Area 12 - Interior Trim, on page 12-18. The correct color is both year and body style dependent. For the 55-B, it says there was a color change in April, 1930 from Moulding Gray to Maroon. There should be paint chip examples of these colors in the Paint & Finish Guide (I don't have my copy handy).

As I look at this table tonight, I think there is a typo in there, because I find the Tudor listed by don't see the 55-B after 3/30.
Jim/GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #4
JimDin CT

Thank you for the information. I was able to borrow a copy of the Paint and Finish Guide and see the information you referenced.
JimDin CT is offline   Reply With Quote