Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-11-2018, 11:58 PM   #1
deuce_roadster

Default 40 Ford convertible 60s mild custom

City: Shelton
State: WA
Price: Negotiable

1940 Ford Deluxe Convertible, 60’s Mild custom (side trim holes and cowl vent filled (bondo,not welded), gray primer over original Mandarin Maroon.
Complete, many NOS parts like window winders, wiring, windshield wiper system, hood bullnose, steering box made completely of NOS parts including the casting. I am the first owner outside of the family that bought the car new.
All convertible specific parts are there including vacuum top switch, garnish moldings, convertible only spare tire hold down with lock, rear seat, rear quarter interior panels.
New brake system, all cylinders and hard lines, new wood header and rear bow, rebuilt trans with matching VIN to frame and title. I believe the engine was a new war surplus engine purchased from Dennis Carpenter. New tubes in used bias ply tires. All gauges work. A very solid “patina car” I was going to restore. New panel below decklid installed. Some would consider the car done as it is!
Gas tank boiled out by Performance Radiator of Tacoma, new hard fuel line up to firewall. This car should be dependable driver, radiator has new core. New uninstalled white vinyl top included. Ignition, door lock, trunk and spare tire keys.
Price $26,500 as is + or - depending on parts chosen to go with car. $24,500 if I keep flathead and trans. Clean WA title in my name, I bought the car in 1984.

Radio, NOS running boards, different fenders available.

PM me with your questions, car is on Seattle Craigslist with pictures.
I added a public album with a few pictures also.

Prefer buyer to inspect car and take for test drive, pay me in person, no paypal, wire transfer scams please.

Ask for details
Mike aka deuce_roadster

Last edited by deuce_roadster; 05-12-2018 at 02:51 PM. Reason: add picture
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote