Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-10-2019, 11:14 PM   #21
31 Woody

Default Re: Barrett-Jackson

Watching BJ Scottsdale—Steve Magnante was wrong when spouting facts as often as he was right. The other announcers were constantly correcting him, when they didn’t correct him I was yelling at the TV if I knew he was wrong about something. Let’s just say there was lots of yelling.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #22
Bob-A

Thumbs down Re: Barrett-Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
B-J, American Pickers, and other 'reality' TV shows have done a lot to hurt this hobby. More harm than any possible good.

They have taken a lot of the fun out of this hobby. For reasons stated, mainly every fool with any rusted out hulk thinks he has a gold mine sitting there.

Big money seems to wreck a lot of hobbies. They have done it to antique guns, petroleum collectibles, old tractors, and on and on.

Ditto, ditto and double ditto!

Bob-A
Bob-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 03-12-2019, 03:45 PM   #23
SeaSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRN1967 View Post
Same as you, I often wonder how much longer this will continue? One of my older brothers is a Baby Boomer and he refers to his muscle cars as 401K's. I disagree, because I think there will be a void when Baby Boomers get a few more years older. Younger generations grew up driving foreign cars in their teen age years. They don't look at older cars the same way we do.

That's why I like my Model A driver. For under 10K I'm out there having fun, and if the bottom drops out of the market. I won't really care, because I own it cause I love it. Not because of some profit I might get out of it.

John
younger generations wont have money to buy the baby boomer cars so they will have to take a loss. There will always be a love of Detroit steel but yes the only things we grew up in are your generations hand me down toyotas and hondas :P
Old 03-12-2019, 03:51 PM   #24
SeaSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
B-J, American Pickers, and other 'reality' TV shows have done a lot to hurt this hobby. More harm than any possible good.

They have taken a lot of the fun out of this hobby. For reasons stated, mainly every fool with any rusted out hulk thinks he has a gold mine sitting there.

Big money seems to wreck a lot of hobbies. They have done it to antique guns, petroleum collectibles, old tractors, and on and on.
Yes this is true. All these shows that say oh well its worth this much then everyone who has one thinks by golly im gonna sell it for at least that much. Just ruins everything.

Antique guns is gonna be another market crash. There will always be a love of WW1 and 2 guns and such but things that dont have any historical value like "oh they only made this special edition gold trigger 12ga winchester shotgun for 1 year" type of guns are gonna tank.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:07 PM   #25
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSlugs View Post
Antique guns is gonna be another market crash. There will always be a love of WW1 and 2 guns and such but things that dont have any historical value like "oh they only made this special edition gold trigger 12ga winchester shotgun for 1 year" type of guns are gonna tank.
I firmly agree. Militaria and military weapons I think will always have people drawn to them. The direct link to history. Good Civil War stuff has been a tough nut to crack for as long as I can recall. Tons of WWII stuff that the guys brought home have been hitting the market as those vets die off and there is always a big interest in all of it.

Sometime you have to go to the BIG 'Military Show of Shows at Louisville. It is amazing. The Hershey of military stuff. The stuff that shows up is incredible and the prices are right there too Lot of fun to see I met a grandson of Gen. Patton there two years ago and had a nice chat with him real nice down to earth guy.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote