Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-20-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
Mart

Default Early Ford Seal swap. Home made bearing tool. Flatty port cleanup. Radius rod mods.

Project continuation aplenty. I progress the 32 sedan build by swapping out the torque tube seal which included making a home made tool to pull and replace the bearing sleeve. The torque tube was then ready to fit to the axle. I then elected to modify the radius rods, as it was easier to do with the axle out of the car and upside down.
I have been pushing on with the 59 flatty. This week I do my best to remove the worst of the crud from the ports, chamber area and valve bowls. Not really a fun job, but a necessary one nonetheless.
Many thanks to my subscribers, i hope you find something useful, or entertaining in my shenanigans.
Cheers then. Mart.

https://youtu.be/pt0rwdTgkZU
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #2
jimTN

Default Re: Early Ford Seal swap. Home made bearing tool. Flatty port cleanup. Radius rod mod

Good job on the TT bearing shell remover. A simular design is used for a too that removes bearing shells from Model T Ford rear ends. It is like yours and has a spring loaded button that engages the shell. A quick twist and jerk and the shell is out.
jimTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:34 PM   #3
'42 Ford Truck

Default Re: Early Ford Seal swap. Home made bearing tool. Flatty port cleanup. Radius rod mod

G'day Mart, I've been watching your youtube videos, most interesting. Caterpillar dealers sell imperial Cat nuts & bolts all are grade 8, google one safe source cat, it's a catalog of a few things but there is a hardware section. Finning Cat maybe near you. There are alot of Cat bolts holding my '42 1 1/2 ton truck together.
Regards, Steve.
'42 Ford Truck is offline   Reply With Quote