Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #21
Benson

Default Re: The Latest Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plucker View Post
Whatever you do...if they ask "is so and so there" or if they say "are you so and so"...DO NOT SAY "YES"!.
Do not talk to anyone on phone that you do not know

here is why From ABC News:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yi5LpkCQss

It is 1:30 minutes long

Do not answer to any thing including do you want to be added to do not call list!!!

skip the ad if you want.

Last edited by Benson; 10-05-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:17 PM   #22
History

You guys are paranoid, you just have to use common sense when approached by people like this. If I was as paranoid as you guys I would have missed out on the fortune I am to split with a Nigerian prince. Yes it cost me several hundred dollars to help get his funds released but when they transfer my half of the money I will never have to work again.
History is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:11 PM   #23
rfitzpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
You guys are paranoid, you just have to use common sense when approached by people like this. If I was as paranoid as you guys I would have missed out on the fortune I am to split with a Nigerian prince. Yes it cost me several hundred dollars to help get his funds released but when they transfer my half of the money I will never have to work again.

Your Good! You had my attention with the first sentence, second one not so much!
rfitzpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #24
woofa.express

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
That same Nigerian Prince called me also. I declined him. After reading your account I regret having done so. Maybe you could provide me a contact address so as I may remake contact with his Royal Highness.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #25
Tom Wesenberg

The address is:
R. U. Gullible
Bankrupt Rd.
Suckertown, Africa
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #26
Jeff/Illinois

Unfortunately, extremely poor English grammar doesn't put up the warning sign like it used to. We can't go by that like we did in the old days.

With people texting so much today, and making all sorts of spelling mistakes, and not knowing proper punctuation and proper English not being taught in the public schools, at least 70% of Americans under the age of 30 today are 'English' speaking idiots. They are unintelligible and unintelligent and good luck trying to follow their line of thinking.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:13 PM   #27
TerryO

Quote:
With people texting so much today, and making all sorts of spelling mistakes, and not knowing proper punctuation and proper English not being taught in the public schools, at least 70% of Americans under the age of 30 today are 'English' speaking idiots. They are unintelligible and unintelligent and good luck trying to follow their line of thinking.
Sad but true...
TerryO
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:46 AM   #28
apbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner31 View Post
Have him contact me, I own and operate Southern Classic Automobile Measurement. LLC
We have offices in China, Russia, Ukraine, Iran, Cuba and of course California.
It's only two hundred dollars and the seller pays nothing,
Just have him make the check or money order out to: S.C.A.M. in care of Mr. I. Cheatem
... & How.
apbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:40 AM   #29
FrankWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean from bozeman View Post
As many of you know, I have put A495 up for sale. It's on page 346 in the October Hemmings. With that in mind, I have begun to get some interest.
Some are semi-legit tire kickers. Others...well, there are others.

The latest is a person who said that they will pay full price but I cannot contact them directly because they are in basic training in Georgia. However, they will promptly answer all e-mails.

Then I get the following e-mail:

I suggest we hire an inspector to appraise/inspect and confirm the legitimacy of ownership so as to report accordingly before we can proceed to making payment.
JandT is an international company and have worked with them in a couples of times, an agent close to you will be assigned to carry out the inspection.
The cost of the inspection to cover transportation, hotel and other expenses should be around $400 which i suggest should be split and be paid by the both of us at $200 each so as to limit the cost of risk incase the seller is not legit or the condition of the advert is not as good as claim by the seller.
the seller will be fully reimbursed and full payment would be made available to the seller same day after inspection.
i am willing to sign a contract if need be and the only reason i will not proceed to payment after inspection is if the condition is not as good as advertised.
let me know if you will be willing to split the inspection cost and if you will like to proceed by sending me your full name and inspection address to be forwarded to the inspector from JandT Inc. to contact you on best inspection date and time.
Thanks

At first, while reading through the poor English, I thought that most of what he said made sense. But I do have a skeptical side. I looked but could not find JandT Inc. on the Internet. So I turned the tables. I sent this guy information for a legitimate appraiser and said that he should send $300 (his share) to the appraiser to get the ball rolling.

This is probably not the first scam that I'll be offered but I thought that I would share it so others would be prepared for anything similar.
If any deal seems too complicated just stay away....
You are selling an item, an any potential buyer asks for money..stay away. Money should only go one way..from the buyer to the seller.

Last edited by FrankWest; 10-06-2019 at 07:10 AM.
FrankWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #30
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofa.express View Post
That same Nigerian Prince called me also. I declined him. After reading your account I regret having done so. Maybe you could provide me a contact address so as I may remake contact with his Royal Highness.
He may have a brother who also needs help getting the royal trust funds released. It's really simple for such a huge return. You just send money by western union to the account number they will give you and then you sit back and WAIT for the millions to start rolling in. I'm having trouble contacting him at the moment because of the poor communications equipment in Nigeria. I've been super excited for the last three years WAITING on my funds to arrive. You just have to read between the lines and use your head or you miss out on life's opportunities.
History is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #31
vern hodgson

I hear that. Took me years not to trust what people say.
vern hodgson is offline   Reply With Quote