Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-27-2019, 09:29 PM   #1
Railcarmover
BANNED

Default MARC facebook site

what happened to the MARC facebook site?
Railcarmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:08 PM   #2
rrich1

Default Re: MARC facebook site

I know of other pages that vanished for no reason. MARC could have been one of them
rrich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:16 PM   #3
WTSHNN

The MARC Facebook page is still there.

If you're referring to a recent post regarding the etymology of the term "AR" it devolved quickly into rumors and old wives tales and got shut down.

-Tim
Old 05-28-2019, 12:36 AM   #4
M2M

“This feed is closed now. There is so much made up and false information here it’s ridiculous. If you don’t know don’t guess for a new member. We all have to learn at some point but stop posting false information ......Admin”

M2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:06 AM   #5
Railcarmover
BANNED

The strive for authenticity was a means of getting members together,to discuss and learn how to make their car better. Over time,standards were created,and judging cars gave the restorer a means from which to draw from,to give him guidelines if he choose that path.
Today,that institution still exists.What keeps it vital is maturity in leadership,where acceptance trumps arrogance.A leader should be humble in achievement and foster goodwill to the least experienced,the greatest thing the leader can do is spread the base,to allow all who desire a voice in making the organization better.Those leaders who don't display those basic skills should be removed,the harm they cause the organization can be lasting.
Railcarmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:44 AM   #6
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2M View Post
“This feed is closed now. There is so much made up and false information here it’s ridiculous. If you don’t know don’t guess for a new member. We all have to learn at some point but stop posting false information ......Admin”

Reason so many knowledgeable folks have forever left these sites never to return.

Can't blame them I get it.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #7
F.M.
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff/illinois View Post
reason so many knowledgeable folks have forever left these sites never to return.

Can't blame them i get it.
agree 100% !!
F.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #8
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Reason so many knowledgeable folks have forever left these sites never to return.

Can't blame them I get it.

Unless folks actually saw what was happening on the MARC site, you likely can't believe it. The latest started out with a guy named Tim asking What is a Model AR, and if it was desirable. The answers started pouring in, and those answers were all over the place ...and about as far away from being accurate as anything could be. One guy commented they were Model-As with parts used from a Model-T. Another guy made the comment that an AR was a prototype Model-A before they actually went into production. Someone else commented about how Ford used Model-T upholstery and how Ford never threw any left-over parts away. It was crazy. A few told Tim that it was only a parts book designation and then the heated arguments ensued where posters were defending their incorrect random answers even though they were clearly not anywhere even close to being accurate.

Because of this is not just an isolated occurrence, the Administrators have said, if you don't know what you are talking about, then don't post because all it does is promotes confusion and dischord. Since they are the Administrators, then they get to call the shots. They have warned some of those people to quit posting misleading information, -and when those people didn't quit yet then choose to argue about it, their posted comment(s) gets deleted, and after a few more times of that behavior they get banned/blocked. THEN, folks get mad because they feel the Admins are overstepping their bounds. These posters of misinformation apparently feel they are entitled to post simply because of Freedom of Speech. Matter of fact, Roy Munson publicly told one of the Admins to go get F@#$-ed because the Admin did not share his incorrect opinion! Ain't no wonder people are getting blocked from further posting. I have been a part of Fordbarn since the year Gus started it, and I have never, EVER seen anything close to the behavior here as to what happens on the social media sites.

So as not to hi-jack this thread, I am going to start another thread on a similar topic that I am wondering if this behavior is the future of the hobby.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Last edited by BRENT in 10-uh-C; 05-28-2019 at 02:42 PM.
BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #9
Jeff/Illinois

What I meant was, people who ACTUALLY know the hobby and know Model A Fords like Marco Tahtaras, Peter Mendola, Marshall Daut, and etc. etc. are the ones that have left, and have left a rather large void.

If that happens with Brent Terry, Tom Endy, Tom Wesenberg and a few choice others I will be deleting FB not to return even as a lurker.

I didn't mean the ones who post wrong information and want to fight and argue on here with others and the on the other old Ford sites
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:38 PM   #10
Ruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
What I meant was, people who ACTUALLY know the hobby and know Model A Fords like Marco Tahtaras, Peter Mendola, Marshall Daut, and etc. etc. are the ones that have left, and have left a rather large void.

If that happens with Brent Terry, Tom Endy, Tom Wesenberg and a few choice others I will be deleting FB not to return even as a lurker.

I didn't mean the ones who post wrong information and want to fight and argue on here with others and the on the other old Ford sites
Jeff, is your "FB" referring to Face Book or Ford Barn? Not being a smart a$$, just trying to clarify.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:42 PM   #11
MAG

Posted by Jeff,
"Reason so many knowledgeable folks have forever left these sites never to return. "
He is correct. Lot of bad information being posted. That is not good for a newby because it misleads him and can cause many problems .
Some of the knowledgeable were insulted "you don't know what you are talking about", etc, etc. Can't blame them for bowing out.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #12
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Unless folks actually saw what was happening on the MARC site, you likely can't believe it.
Because of this is not just an isolated occurrence, the Administrators have said, if you don't know what you are talking about, then don't post because all it does is promotes confusion and dischord. Since they are the Administrators, then they get to call the shots. They have warned some of those people to quit posting misleading information, -and when those people didn't quit yet then choose to argue about it, their posted comment(s) gets deleted, and after a few more times of that behavior they get banned/blocked. THEN, folks get mad because they feel the Admins are overstepping their bounds. These posters of misinformation apparently feel they are entitled to post simply because of Freedom of Speech. Matter of fact, Roy Munson publicly told one of the Admins to go get F@#$-ed because the Admin did not share his incorrect opinion!
I Closed the feed because of the garbage that was being spread by people who had no idea what they were talking about at all and I will continue to do such on future threads if it happens again as head admin. If you read Brent's post he is SPOT on and WHY I did it....
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #13
Neil Wilson

Mark, I tried the link in your signature information and got "
Sorry, this content isn't available right now

So, is there a MARC Facebook group and what is the link?

https://aafords.com Ford Model AA Truck Club @ aafords.com
Neil Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:19 AM   #14
Hicktick

Nothing quite like being scolded by Mr know it all in public
Old 09-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #15
rotorwrench

History is important but some folks just don't get it. I'm just thankful that clubs like the Models A Ford Club of America and Model A Restorers Club exist to try to keep the history of this particular model intact.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:57 PM   #16
mhsprecher

Social media is filled with incorrect and misleading information and someone needs to try and set things straight. It is easy to share your opinion with the world, with no regard for the facts. Two of my favorite quotes: Seldom right, but never in doubt” and “Don’t believe everything you think.”
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #17
1928Mik

"I'm not a part of FaceBook. Never say never but I don't see myself par-taking any time soon. Too much drama and all of that waste of time"

I agree with Jeff/Illinois. Not for me.

-Life's Too Short To Drive Boring Cars-
1928Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:09 AM   #18
bnchief

Good for you Mark.
bnchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:33 PM   #19
Gary Karr

The easiest way to set all of the misinformation straight and get the right answers is to have a copy of the Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards on hand!
Gary Karr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:09 PM   #20
WTSHNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Karr View Post
The easiest way to set all of the misinformation straight and get the right answers is to have a copy of the Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards on hand!
I agree with you but that book means nothing to the people who were told by their granpappy that Model A Fords all had red brake drums and he knew Henry Ford personally so are you calling pop-pop a liar?

Some people cannot accept the truth even when presented with facts because of their own arrogance/ignorance.

-Tim