Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
Crabby

Default 1936 3 Window Coupe

Hi all,

I've been looking at this forum for a while. I decided to ask some questions, because I need some help to get things going again on my restoration. The past few years have been rough and haven't allowed time or finances to work on the car, but I have been able to hang on to it!
I have my Dad's first car, a '36 3 window with rumble seat. Right now, the interior is gutted, engine and transmission are good, Body is good. I'm thinking of doing a 12V conversion, but other than that, leaving it as it was built. I also want to get the old wiring out, its all the original, and I'm not sure where mice have chewed, etc.
My first question, I need a source for the wiring. I see a lot of places that sell individual pieces of the harness and I seem to remember from a few years ago, there was someone in the northeast that sold the complete wiring for the car. I haven't been able to find anything searching the internet that is like what I remember from a few years ago. They may be out of business, too. Where would you go for your wiring?

I know I'll have some more questions, and I hope that I'll maybe be able to help someone out here in the future.
Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote