Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
JM 35 Sedan

Default EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

I'm all registered and looking forward to attending. Just wondering how many other Fordbarners are also planning to attend this meet?

Keep in mind that you do not have to be registered for this meet nor even a member of the Early Ford V-8 Club to come and see the cars on the show field, Wednesday, June 10th, 8am to 4pm, in the terrace area behind the Charlotte Motor Speedway, about one mile from the host hotels.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 05-20-2015 at 02:41 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
HOTROD_WILLIE

Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

John. Is that Monday thru Thursday? Not the weekend.
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck
Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

We will be there also. I do enjoy going to the V-8 National meet. That old home week seeing old friends. Each year I look forward in going.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #4
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD_WILLIE View Post
John. Is that Monday thru Thursday? Not the weekend.
Yes, the meet runs from Monday, June 8th thru Thursday, June 11th. The folks attending the meet will have the weekend before and the weekend after for travel. The awards banquet will be held on Thursday evening at the Speedway Club, Charlotte Motor Speedway, starting at 6pm.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 03-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #5
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Yes, the meet runs from Monday, June 8th thru Thursday, June 11th. The folks attending the meet will have the weekend before and the weekend after for travel. The awards banquet will be held on Thursday evening at the Speedway Club, Charlotte Motor Speedway, starting at 6pm.
Thanks for reply. I was wanting to take my grandson to the show. He likes early Fords. Me and wife is raising him, his mother is unable. My grandson goes to charter school w/ the snow days we had this year. He will needs to be at school. I guess we will not be able to make to the show. I always take w/ me. He really enjoys looking at the cars. To bad the show is not on the weekends. I will be able to take him to the Goodguy show in April at Raleigh, Nc. All there shows are on the weekends. The Goodguy shows are always family friendly.

At the Goodguy shows see cars from all over. There cars from Florida to New York state. Sometime you can see cars from California. It always nice see cars from other states.
https://www.good-guys.com/ncn-2015

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 03-25-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #6
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD_WILLIE View Post
Thanks for reply. I was wanting to take my grandson to the show. He likes early Fords. Me and wife is raising him, his mother is unable. My grandson goes to charter school w/ the snow days we had this year. He will needs to be at school. I guess we will not be able to make to the show. I always take w/ me. He really enjoys looking at the cars. To bad the show is not on the weekends. I will be able to take him to the Goodguy show in April at Raleigh, Nc. All there shows are on the weekends. The Goodguy shows are always family friendly.

At the Goodguy shows see cars from all over. There cars from Florida to New York state. Sometime you can see cars from California. It always nice see cars from other states.
https://www.good-guys.com/ncn-2015
Greensboro is not that far from Charlotte/Concord, maybe 1-1/2 hour drive at the most on the Interstate. Bring your grandson to the host hotels on Sunday. Should be plenty of cars arriving early to see in the hotel area parking lots that afternoon and evening. Another possibility will be after school is over on Wednesday. The concourse show doesn't end until 4pm. After that, from 5 to 6 pm, many of the cars will be doing some laps on the Motor Speedway track. There will also be plenty of cars to see that afternoon/evening back at the hotels. Think about driving one of your old cars down. Many of us in the EFV-8 Club are also interested in hotrods. Usually, where there is a will, there is a way.

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-25-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:41 AM   #7
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Greensboro is not that far from Charlotte/Concord, maybe 1-1/2 hour drive at the most on the Interstate. Bring your grandson to the host hotels on Sunday. Should be plenty of cars arriving early to see in the hotel area parking lots that afternoon and evening. Another possibility will be after school is over on Wednesday. The concourse show doesn't end until 4pm. After that, from 5 to 6 pm, many of the cars will be doing some laps on the Motor Speedway track. There will also be plenty of cars to see that afternoon/evening back at the hotels. Think about driving one of your old cars down. Many of us in the EFV-8 Club are also interested in hotrods. Usually, where there is a will, there is a way.
Thanks for trying to make thing work out for me. It will not work. The traffic is kind of rough during business hours it will take longer to get there. My grandson has a lot of homework at this age. That is more important then any car show. The big thing is get back in time to go to bed. It is hard to go to show during the school day. Maybe one day it will work out.

We went to the Moonshiner show. He had at great time. Saw a lot cars from all over the place. It always great to walk around cars and not have rush to get back home. It was very nice weekend. The Goodguy show is coming up in Raleigh and we will doing that show. That is fun for whole family.

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 03-26-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:18 PM   #8
LazarusLong

Sorry,my mistake for not looking at the date of the post I was replying to.
LazarusLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:28 AM   #9
Cecil/WV

I will be there with my '40 pickup!
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 AM   #10
PeterC

I'll be there .. will be great to meet all that I've interacted with (and those I've not!) on this forum!
PeterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #11
Kerk

Smile Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

John, I will be there by Monday and am looking foward to it, kerk
Kerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #12
Charles Brock

Which hotel is the host hotel? Thanks
Charles Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #13
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Brock View Post
Which hotel is the host hotel? Thanks

The host hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn at Concorde.

I have the week off for the meet, but we'll see. Still deciding.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #14
38 coupe

I will be there in my 53 sedan. Looking forward to seeing everyone and their cars.

update: turns out I won't be there. I got a new job and can't take any vacation until November. I'm bummed.

Last edited by 38 coupe; 06-04-2015 at 06:29 PM. Reason: update :(
38 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #15
BUBBAS IGNITION

I will be there in the swap meet .........bringing ever distributor made for the flathead ......
Special orders taken now.......
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #16
LBs 37V8

I'll be there in my '37 stake
LBs 37V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:56 AM   #17
JM 35 Sedan

Only a little over a month away.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #18
carolina-bob

I will be there with my 35 conv sedan. First time at a V8 club event. look forward to a fun time.
carolina-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #19
KiWinUS

All that would like to pick up their KiWi-L100 cam at the National meet please get their cores to me asap or place your orders.
Thanks for all the support !
Cheers
Tony
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #20
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
All that would like to pick up their KiWi-L100 cam at the National meet please get their cores to me asap or place your orders.
Thanks for all the support !
Cheers
Tony
Tony, this trip down might be a good opportunity to stop in and return that starter you loaned me at the '13 Moonshine Festival