Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
Clem Clement

Default Veterans Day 2015 discounts

2015 Veterans Day Restaurant Offerings:
Applebee’s – Veterans and active-duty military receive a free meal from a limited menu on Nov. 11.
Bar Louie – Nov. 10-11, veterans and active military personnel get a free meal up to a $12 value.
Bob Evans – Veterans and active military personnel receive a free breakfast from a select menu on Nov. 11.
Bonanza Steakhouses – Active-duty and retired military get a free buffet on Nov. 11, 4 p.m. to close.
Cattlemens – Active, inactive and retired military personnel get a free small sirloin steak dinner on Nov. 11.
Cheeseburger in Paradise – Active and retired military personnel receive a complimentary burger with fries on Nov. 11. Chili’s – Veterans and active military servicemembers get a free entrée from a limited menu on Nov. 11.
Denny’s – Active, inactive and retired military personnel get a free Build Your Own Grand Slam on Nov. 11 from 5 a.m. to noon at participating locations.
Friendly’s – Veterans and active military get a free breakfast, lunch or dinner from a limited menu on Nov. 11.
Golden Corral – Golden Corral Restaurants' Military Appreciation Night free dinner will be available on Nov. 11 from 5-9 p.m. Military retirees, veterans, active duty, National Guard and reserves are all welcome.
IHOP – Participating IHOP restaurants offer veterans and active-duty military free
Red, White and Blue pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Nov. 11
Krystal – Active and retired military receive a free Krystal chicken or sausage biscuit from 6-11 a.m. on Nov. 11.
Little Caesars – Veterans and active military members receive a free $5 Lunch Combo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 11. McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants – On Nov. 8, participating McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants will offer a complimentary entrée to veterans from a special menu.
Max & Erma's – On Nov. 11, participating Max & Erma’s locations are offering veterans and active military personnel a free Best Cheeseburger in America Combo meal.
Menchie's – All active and retired military personnel will receive a free 6-ounce frozen yogurt on Nov. 11. Mission BBQ – Veterans and active-duty military get a free sandwich and a slice of cake on Nov. 11.
On the Border – Veterans and active-duty military can enjoy a free meal from the “Create Your Own Combo” menu on Nov. 11.
Orange Leaf – Veterans and active-duty military get a free cup of froyo on Nov. 11.
Pondrosa Steakhouse – Active-duty and retired military get a free buffet on Nov. 11, 4 p.m. to close.
Red Hot & Blue – Veterans receive a free entrée with the purchase of a second entrée Nov. 9-11. Coupon required.
Rock and Brews – Veterans and active military personnel receive a complimentary pulled pork sandwich with a side choice throughout the day on Nov. 11.
Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza & Grill – Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza & Grill is offering a choice between complimentary hummus served with grilled herb flatbread or garlic cheese bread on Nov. 11.
Shoney's – Shoney's will offer a free All-American Burger to veterans and active-duty servicemembers on Nov. 11. Spaghetti Warehouse – From Nov. 9-11, buy one entrée and get the second entrée free. Coupon required.
Texas Roadhouse – Locations nationwide will offer veterans a free lunch on Nov. 11 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Offer is good for active-duty, retired or former U.S. military.
Uno Pizzeria & Grill – Veterans and active military get a free entrée or individual pizza with an entrée or pizza purchase of equal or greater value on Nov. 11.
Village Inn – Veterans and active military personnel receive a free breakfast on Nov. 11 from a select menu at participating locations. Village Inn is also providing a “Thank you For Your Service” card valid for 20 percent off on the next visit. Wienerschnitzel – Veterans and active-duty military receive a free chili dog and a small Pepsi on Nov. 11. 2015

Veterans Day Travel and Recreation Discounts: 9/11 Memorial and Museum – Veterans will receive free museum admission from Nov. 7-11.
Army Corp of Engineers Recreation Areas – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will waive day-use fees for veterans, active and reserve-component servicemembers, and their families at USACE-operated recreation areas nationwide on Nov. 11.
Colonial Williamsburg – Active-duty military, reservists, retirees, veterans and their direct dependents receive free Colonial Williamsburg admission for Veterans Day weekend (Nov. 6–11).
Harley-Davidson Museum – The Harley-Davidson Museum is offering free admission to active military, veterans and their families on Nov. 7, 8 and 11 in honor of Veterans Day.
Killington Resort – Active-duty, retired and honorably discharged members of the military receive a complimentary lift ticket on Nov. 11.
Knott’s Berry Farm – Knott's Berry Farm is offering free admission for veterans and active-duty military personnel and one guest, as well as six additional tickets for a discounted price, from Nov. 1 to Dec. 20.
Mariners’ Museum – Military members receive a special $5 admission price on Nov. 11.
Meineke Car Care Centers – On Nov. 11, veterans are encouraged to visit participating Meineke locations for a free basic oil change. National Parks – On Veterans Day, Nov. 11, veterans will have access to over 100 national parks requiring entrance fees for free.
National Veterans Day Run – The National Veterans Day Run on Nov. 11 offers veterans and active-duty military a reduced-rate entry into the race, as well as discounted rates to their spouses and children between 13 and 18. Westgate Resorts – Starting Nov. 11, the first 2,500 eligible servicemembers who complete an online military appreciation form will receive a complimentary three-day, two-night vacation. Veterans who don’t qualify are eligible for a 25 percent discount. Visit westgateresorts.com for the survey.
UFC GYM – Veterans and active-duty military, as well as their families, get free total gym access from Nov. 11-15 at participating UFC GYMs. UFC GYM is also offering a special basic training-themed Daily Ultimate Training class on Nov. 14.
World of Coca-Cola – Active-duty, reserves and retirees get free admission year-round, and Nov. 5-15, members of the armed forces may also purchase up to four half-price general admission tickets for their friends and family.

2015 Veterans Day Retailer Offerings:
Alfred Angelo – Military brides get a free wedding gown on Veterans Day. An appointment to the store must be made for Nov. 11 to qualify.
Alimond Studio – Veterans and active-duty servicemembers get a free headshot at Alimond Studio on Saturday, Nov. 7. from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Leesburg, Va.
Bellhops – The moving company is offering free moving labor for veterans from Nov. 13 to Dec. 15. Veterans must call on Veterans Day to schedule an appointment.
Brides Across America – Brides Across America holds a wedding gown giveaway in partnership with bridal salons across the country in November to honor Veterans Day. Qualifying brides register to attend the event at a participating bridal salon by completing the registration form and paying a $20 fee. Once verified, you will be assisted in finding a gown from the selection.
Cardiac Life – For the month of November, Cardiac Life is offering veterans $15 CPR courses. Carhartt’s – Active-duty and retired military servicemembers who present a military ID at one of Carhartt’s 21 company-owned stores will receive a complimentary exclusive hat, while supplies last.
Enterprise Car Sales – Active U.S. military members, veterans and their dependents get a Firestone Prepaid Maintenance Package with the purchase of any Enterprise vehicle during the month of November.
Firestone Complete Auto Care – Nov. 8-15, veterans and active-duty personnel receive an additional 10 percent off the lowest advertised price of any automotive service.
Grace for Vets – Car washes from around the world who join this program offer free car washes to veterans and servicemembers on Nov. 11. Great Clips – On Nov. 11, customers who come in for a service can get a free haircut card to give to their favorite veteran. Veterans can also receive a free haircut or get the free haircut card. Haircuts are redeemable until Dec. 31.
Home Depot – Home Depot offers a 10 percent discount to all veterans on Nov. 11. Home Depot offers the 10 percent discount year-round to active-duty and retirees.
Little Bra Company – Save 15 percent during the month of November on all regular-priced merchandise at the Little Bra Company when you shop online. Lowe's – All veterans receive a 10 percent discount on Nov. 11. The offer is available in stores only.
Rack Room Shoes – Military personnel and their dependents get a 10 percent discount off entire purchase on Veterans Day, Nov. 11.
Sleep Number– From now until Nov. 15, active and veteran military members will receive exclusive discounts on Sleep Number products. Save up to $700 on select Sleep Number mattress sets. Steve Madden – Steve Madden offers everyone 20 percent off the entire purchase, and service members receive an additional 10 percent off on Nov. 11.
Tires Plus – Between Nov. 8-15, veterans and active-duty personnel receive an additional 10 percent off the lowest advertised price of any automotive service.
Wheel Works – Between Nov. 8-15, veterans and active-duty personnel receive an additional 10 percent off the lowest advertised price of any automotive service. - See more at: http://www.legion.org/veteransday/23....86NgCx3h.dpuf
Clem
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
Divco one

Default Re: Veterans Day 2015 discounts

Loews home center takes care of Veterans every day with 10%.
Divco one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:56 PM   #3
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divco one View Post
Loews home center takes care of Veterans every day with 10%.
The everyday discount is suppose to be for active, retired and VA disabled but I haven't found a salesperson yet who knew that.

Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services1 and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.2 This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family3 of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients.
To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:
Be currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services, or be the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID Card.
Or:
Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC).
We honor all Veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, we extend the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service. The Lowe’s Military Discount is extended to the Veteran community on these three holidays only.
The Military Discount must be used on personal purchases only and cannot be used for Lowes.com purchases, previous sales, or the purchase of gift cards or services including product installations. It cannot be combined with the Lowe’s Price Guarantee, or promotions such as "Spend and Get," "New Mover," "Project Starter," "Your Choice," or discounts such as Quote Support Program (QSP) quotes.
  • 1 Armed Services — US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, or the National Guard and who are in active, reserve, or retired status.
  • 2 Retired Veterans and VA Recipients — Veterans who have retired after 20 years of service and/or those who receive VA Benefits
  • 3 Immediate Family — Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old.)

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
modelapickup31

Thank you for your service! Home of the free because of the brave!
Geoff
modelapickup31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #5
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Turley View Post
For those who accept a free meal from one of the participating restaurants, please tip your server. The restaurant was kind enough to give you the meal, but the server relies on tips for their income. In many cases, the server is making less than minimum wage. The restaurant does not compensate the servers for the lost tips. You should leave the server a tip, based on the value of the meal that the restaurant provided you. Two years ago, my favorite server at Applebee's worked for 13 straight hours, 8-1/2 months pregnant, and made less than $20 in tips for the day. Accepting a free meal from the restaurant and then stiffing the help is just plain rude.
I'm glad you brought this subject up. Seems the art of tipping has changed quite a bit lately, could be for numerous reasons. One could be, seniors today have far less money to spend, let alone on tips and the reason why they are out on this occasion. I've seen some standing in line as I drive by Applebee's or Golden Corral that look as if they haven't ate in weeks. I know there are a lot of seniors working now to make things meet that should be enjoying their retirement but can't and we all know some of those reasons. Could be also they don't tip all that well because they remember back when service was far better. I know it seems there is even a tip jar at each cash register these days to tip the person giving you your change....not what the hell is that!!!!! I know from personal and up front experience tipping is just not what it use to be. When I'm out with old school mates or anyone I know, I always pay the check because of an old force of habit or that I'm better off than they are and tell the others to leave the tip and most of the time they can't leave much or I'm appalled at the feeble amount they do leave that can leave more, leaving me to supplement the amount before walking away.
I will not be partaking in a free meal this year as I also have not any years before and any remaining years to come for three reasons. First, I don't feel I should be picked out for a profession that I chose. Is there a Police Day or a Fireman's Day? They too chose to put theirselves in Harm's Way.
Second, even though there are some that show legitiment heartfelt thanks, there are many just copping out, they feel if they do something nice, they are off the hook for not putting on the uniform and not serving, case in point....only 1% serve today and when exactly did all this 'freebee' stuff start, ten years ago, maybe fifteen?????????????? Then again, there are some today that feel they are owed every pat on the back they can get.
The only people that owe me is Uncle Sam, my retirement, disability and SS. I earned every penny and I feel no one else owes me jack crap.
The third and final reason I will not partake in a free meal is, when I got out, I swore I would never stand in a feckin chow line again.

I don't use either my Military Retired ID or my VA Care card for any discounts anymore, I don't have to, I use my driver's license to show I'm a senior, no better than anyone else my age plus, I'm usual carded wherever I go anyway because I look so young!!!!!!!.

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote