Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
raybakerjr

Default Help -gas pedal rod spring

I have a 1951 Ford F-2 with a flathead eight. In the "Classic Hauler" catalog page 51 there is a "gas pedal rod spring", part # 1612-S, $5.00 EA. I am uncertain if I have this spring on my gas pedal or leakage. Can somebody please tell me where it goes?
I am also looking for a good source for F-2 parts. Most catologs have F-1 parts but very few F-2 parts. Is there some F-2 Ford parts catalogs out there that I don't know about?

Thanks,

Ray

850/682-8327
[email protected]
raybakerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Vanspeed

Default Re: Help -gas pedal rod spring

The spring fits over a shaft with a ball on the end that attaches to your pedal.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
raybakerjr

Vanspeed thank you for the reply concerning the gas pedal rod spring. So does this spring make the gas pedal return to its normal position once you remove your foot off the pedal.
The reason why I ask is because my gas pedal likes to stay down on the floor and not spring back up.

So here is another question. I purchased a accelerator return spring for my 1951 Ford f2. It arrived today. Can you please tell me where this spring attaches on the firewall? Also exactly where does it attach on the carb linkage? A picture would sure help me.

Thanks,

Ray
raybakerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #4
Barry-ct

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
The gas pedal spring just makes the connection to the rubber pedal via that ball on the end. You are supposed to be able to pop the rubber socket on the pedal over the ball. The return spring goes from the carb arm where the pedal rod connects and goes forward towards the radiator. I've seen them hooked to the stud on the generator, to the gooseneck, etc... I have not found out where it hooks yet. Parts catalogs don't show anything. I suspect it goes to a bracket mounted on a intake manifold bolt. I'm still search the Ford parts catalogs for a part number.

50 F-1
Barry-ct is offline   Reply With Quote