Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-30-2020, 08:15 PM   #1
Daves55Sedan

Default 99%complete 55 Ford power steering

City: Granite city
State: illinois
Price: SOLD

This is the nicest, cleanest and most complete power assist kit you will find anywhere for swapping your manual steering with all new, original re-furbished and rebuilt original '55 Ford Power assist parts. The only thing missing from this kit is one ball bearing for the idler arm, and one long idler-arm bracket bolt. You may also want (2) "crush-nuts" and bolts for bottom of idler-arm bracket.
This kit includes rebuilt Eaton type pump with pulley, fluid reservoir, new filter, all new gaskets and completely assembled on pump. The power steering pump bracket is shipped loose and will need to be installed on the pump. It will be necessary to remove the pulley from the pump to install the mounting bracket on the pump. Customer should torque down all pump bolts prior to installation. Includes control valve and ram cylinder, both rebuilt by Lares Mfg corp. I have already installed the drag-link clamp onto the control valve. The ram cylinder is complete with all new push-rod rubber bushings and hardware. Original restored hard parts include: steering pitman arm-to-idler arm rod, including new rubber bushings for mounting the ram cylinder. The large washer for the ram cylinder is an original which had been stripped to bare metal and re-plated with zinc. The large retaining nut is a new one, probably cadmium plated. Also are two original tie rods with good original rubber ball-joint seals and good original castle-nuts. Included are both tie rod end joints with rubber grease-seals, and chrome plated castle nuts. The tie rod sleeves have chrome plated clamps, already installed on the sleeves and the clamps have brand new stainless-steel bolts, nuts and lockwashers. The tie rods and main steering arm are painted with blue enamel and the tie rod end joints and sleeves are painted with gloss black enamel. There are grease fittings installed everywhere a grease fitting is required to be.
I am including the original early '54/55 bearing type idler arm assembly complete, except for ONE ball-bearing is missing. This would be a good usable assembly if you could get a duplicate of the missing bearing which is identical to three other good ones in the assembly. Hoover Ball-Bearing Co #3037. Most people replace the old style idler arms with complete new kits that have rubber encased bushings in lieu of the bearing type. (New kits are available at your favorite resto parts supplier).
Also included: Engine-to-water-pump cast iron bracket (painted Y-block Ford red/orange), with special large bolt (zinc plated), and all other bolts that attach the cast-iron bracket to the metal pump adjusting bracket. A long bolt is included that holds the bracket to the water pump (but you should check to make sure is is the right length. Includes new metal bracket (painted black) that holds pump to cast-iron bracket.
Includes all brand new power steering pressure and return hoses, pump pressure and return hose-to-frame bracket and rubber insert, cast iron idler arm bracket (stripped to bare metal and painted black). I am including ONE long bolt with 2 nuts and lockwashers for attaching the idler arm bracket to frame, so you will need to get ONE duplicate bolt. Also included is the add-on crankshaft pulley with center bolt and the two pulley mounting bolts for the crankshaft damper. Pump V-belt (used but in good condition) is included. A used but excellent condition manual steering pitman arm with associated large nut and lock-washer are included and can be used with the power steering system (but Fomoco had a steeper drop type pitman arm for the power-steering installations).
All new rubber parts and seals are included already installed in the sub-assemblies.
The customer may also want to purchase two "crush-nuts" (not included) and mating bolts to attach bottom of idler-arm bracket to frame. They are available at many resto parts suppliers.
I added up the cost for all the parts you can buy for this from one of the resto parts suppliers and it came to over $1400.00 does not include cost for cast-iron pwr strg bracket, add-on crankshaft pulley, any of the steering arms, sleeves, end-joints or chrome plating and many other odds and ends.
I've seen these somewhat complete for sale on epay (filthy, non-functional and everything need to be rebuilt, cleaned and have parts added to make them complete for over $1300.00.
I am asking for best offer over $1800.00 (not incl shppg). I think my kit is a steal at that price considering the time and effort I have into it.
See attached pics and more pics on second half of ad.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 55-1a.JPG (114.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 55-1b.JPG (115.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 55-2.JPG (124.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 55-4.JPG (109.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 55-5.JPG (113.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 55-6b.JPG (113.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Daves55Sedan; 07-02-2020 at 10:49 PM. Reason: SOLD
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote