Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #41
philipswanson

Default Re: Never rent your car to the studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsprecher View Post
"The scene with joe pesci giving advice to robert under the hood of the truck was interesting ."

I had to scratch my head about that what. Looking under the hood he could detect a problem with the timing chain? Pretty good mechanic!
Yea and then he fixed it temporally and said to get it fixed later????? How is that done?????
philipswanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #42
Ron Pilger

Default Re: Never rent your car to the studios

I once rented my 48 Chev sedan delivery to a movie company as a prop. It was interesting but time-costuming. I had to have the vehicle on-site by 5 a.m. The idea was to have it parallel parked on an unpaved street of building facades. It was to be in the background, only, for an early morning drive-by scene. The fussy director moved the vehicle countless times, The shot was never good enough, to him or his ego, it seemed. The actors tried to please until the morning light was wrong. They redid the scene in the evening when the sun was at the same sinking level. The Sedan Delivery was back in by hands by 8 p.m. covered with dust from the scene. It was visible in the movie for a fleeting second. Long day for little reward or satisfaction.
Ron Pilger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)