Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-20-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
porrj

Default Labaron Bonnie

Lebaron Bonney has filed Bankruptcy!

I Have 4 seats at Lebarron Bonnie, how do I get them back? No one will answer the phone.
Anyone know who or how to contact them?
Jeff
porrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Labaron Bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by porrj View Post

I Have 4 seats at Lebarron Bonnie, how do I get them back? No one will answer the phone.
Jeff

While I cannot be certain, at this point I feel that it will take a court order for you to get them back. This will likely take an attorney filing the paperwork for you. The expense of that may exceed the value of your seats.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Last edited by BRENT in 10-uh-C; 03-20-2019 at 10:50 AM.
BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:08 AM   #3
swo4rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
While I cannot be certain, at this point I feel certain that it will take a court order for you to get them back. This will likely take an attorney filing the paperwork for you. The expense of that may exceed the value of your seats.

The phone lines and website are down...I am in the similiar situation and in contact with the local jurisdictions now...The staff is beyond upset since this was done by the "new owners" without advice to anyone...

stay tuned
swo4rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #4
Dick Steinkamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by porrj View Post

Jeff
Jeff,
You don't show where you live, but if you are close enough you might head over there...or a friend in the area? Fellow Barn member?

Quote:
While I cannot be certain, at this point I feel certain that it will take a court order for you to get them back.
Brent,
Are you certain or not certain?
Old 03-20-2019, 10:46 AM   #5
Joe K

Quote:
Jeff,
You don't show where you live, but if you are close enough you might head over there...or a friend in the area? Fellow Barn member?
I DO live in the area - and that particular address in Amesbury is only a 20 minute drive away.

And that is one address I might drive BY - but I wouldn't stop lest my image be scanned and suspicion thrown upon me by the owners suspecting someone taking the process into their own hands - or by a competing creditor looking for redress and why am I here?

Bankruptcy is a "hot potato." Everyone throwing the value potato back and forth hoping to not be burned by claims, and others wanting to take a bite because they're hungry and want some of that value.

Which is why we have courts - to act as a sort of "hot-mitt" to the fair handling of that potato.

Fair, of course, becomes a matter of who puts in the most credible claim. At least in an ideal world.

Who should have first crack at company value? Those who the company owes product? Or those who have sent material on credit only to find the credit worthless?

This for the court to decide. In this Internet world it shouldn't be hard to find out the date and time for your court appearance.

As others have said - cost of legal pursuit of your claim might exceed the value received.

Grandfather was a Massachusetts Plymouth County Assistant Prosecutor in the 1930s. He said (his words) "Only a fool goes to court for any reason less than nothing left to lose."

He was in the industry and did not have a very high opinion of it.

Joe K

Last edited by Joe K; 03-20-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Joe K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #6
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
Jeff,
Brent,
Are you certain or not certain?

Yeah, good catch. That is what I get for answering something while I am on hold on the phone. I make the correction.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:56 AM   #7
Dick Steinkamp

Quote:
Yeah, good catch. That is what I get for answering something while I am on hold on the phone. I make the correction.
I've made 4 mistakes already today and it's only 9 AM
Old 03-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #8
Cool Hand Lurker

Debtor
LeBaron Bonney Company
6 Chestnut Street
Amesbury, MA 01913
Tax ID / EIN: 23-2973513

represented by Joshua A. Burnett
Kitaeff & Associates, P.C.
65A Flagship Drive
North Andover, MA 01845
978-687-1818
Fax : 978-258-1967
Email: [email protected]
Cool Hand Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:55 AM   #9
swo4rd

WOW,,,THIS IS A REAL MESS IN AMESBURY...FIRST There is no BR filing...but now I've heard it is the building owner who has locked them down. The local court have no filings...I'm thinking criminal charges against the Owners.

if you are nearby and can get your stuff...I've always found that possession is 9 points of the law...if it is yours, it is yours...you cannot steal your own stuff...I'd go get it.

Im concerned that they were the point distributor for Hartz T14...Any thoughts on that. I'm trying to call Eric Hartz now.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:13 PM   #10
Bob C

Quote:
Originally Posted by swo4rd View Post
WOW,,,THIS IS A REAL MESS IN AMESBURY...FIRST There is no BR filing...but now I've heard it is the building owner who has locked them down. The local court have no filings...I'm thinking criminal charges against the Owners.

if you are nearby and can get your stuff...I've always found that possession is 9 points of the law...if it is yours, it is yours...you cannot steal your own stuff...I'd go get it.

Im concerned that they were the point distributor for Hartz T14...Any thoughts on that. I'm trying to call Eric Hartz now.

See the link. https://www.inforuptcy.com/filings/m...bonney-company

Bob
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:13 PM   #11
swo4rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Lurker View Post
Debtor
LeBaron Bonney Company
6 Chestnut Street
Amesbury, MA 01913
Tax ID / EIN: 23-2973513

represented by Joshua A. Burnett
Kitaeff & Associates, P.C.
65A Flagship Drive
North Andover, MA 01845
978-687-1818
Fax : 978-258-1967
Email: [email protected]

The Federal Court filing ID is 19-10586

OK Cool Hand has it right...just off the phone with Kitaeff office and BR Chap 7 total liquidation was filed this morning..There is a creditor's list and I am on it so I expect that I will get my material, patterns and other things returned by the end of 2020...In the meantime we have lost a venerable institution...the knowledge is irreplaceable and many employees who over the years have become good and close friends...I understand they were caught flatfooted...
If you had things there...you will get a notice from the Federal BR Trustee who is Joe Butler another attorney in Amesbury...if you do not hear anything in by early next week...call the attorney's office above and ask Susan if you are on the list.

Through a round about way, I understand that the staff were packing things to return to the Owners when Scott Holbrook, the owner of LB came in and told them to stop and go home.
My suspicion is that the Holbrook's were in way over their means...
Perhaps someone will buy the business in tact?
The distribution of materials was one of their main business parts and I don't know who will pick that up.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:21 PM   #12
swo4rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C View Post

Thanks Bob...this notice was available after i made my inquiry to the fed courts about 900am EST...all schedules and meetings particularly the creditors meeting...

Meeting of Creditors is scheduled on 04/25/2019 at 09:30 AM at Room 325-B, U.S. Trustee Office, J.W. McCormack Post Office & Court House. (Burnett, Joshua) (Entered: 03/19/2019)

Nothing in the courts moves fast...particularly the Federal BR courts.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:36 PM   #13
30 Closed Cab PU

Quote:
Originally Posted by swo4rd View Post
The Federal Court filing ID is 19-10586

OK Cool Hand has it right...just off the phone with Kitaeff office and BR Chap 7 total liquidation was filed this morning..There is a creditor's list and I am on it so I expect that I will get my material, patterns and other things returned by the end of 2020...In the meantime we have lost a venerable institution...the knowledge is irreplaceable and many employees who over the years have become good and close friends...I understand they were caught flatfooted...
If you had things there...you will get a notice from the Federal BR Trustee who is Joe Butler another attorney in Amesbury...if you do not hear anything in by early next week...call the attorney's office above and ask Susan if you are on the list.

Through a round about way, I understand that the staff were packing things to return to the Owners when Scott Holbrook, the owner of LB came in and told them to stop and go home.
My suspicion is that the Holbrook's were in way over their means...
Perhaps someone will buy the business in tact?
The distribution of materials was one of their main business parts and I don't know who will pick that up.

Hope people can do without their seats for up to a year and a 9 months, that sucks.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:09 PM   #14
Seth Swoboda

The bank will get paid first. If there is any leftovers the other creditors will get paid. I've rarely seen any other creditor get paid outside of the bank who is always #1 on the list.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:10 PM   #15
Keith True

I just dropped off a piece of equipment in the parking lot.There ain't no way anybody is walking in there and taking anything.The original,Biddle & Smart building there were in has been under rennovation for months,nobody in there except for construction workers.They had been operating out of the part of the building on the left,with the loading dock.There are a bunch of contractors trailers in front of it right now,and the parking lot across the street has a bunch of trailers in it too.I never thought to look and see if they were all contractors trailers or if they might have been there to load other stuff.I was busy trying to wiggle a trailer around there myself,it was in the municipal parking lot but full of contractors equipment.I do know that a couple of months ago they moved all their parts to a place in Wilton Maine.I had stopped to pick up a couple of things and I was a day too late.It had all been moved.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote