Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-04-2021, 11:15 AM   #41
alumcantandthd

Default Re: '32 Roadster Cartouche interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
You are a EFV8 club member, right??? That is the main requirement to be on the EFV8 web page. I don't recall signing up on the page being THAT difficult.....is there a specific part of the sign up that you remember having trouble with??? May I/we can help you with that!! IF memory serves me you have to have at least an 8 letter/number combo password (?)
I just tried registering, (again) yesterday. This time, instead of 'rejecting' my application form, nothing happened. Filled out the form again. Same thing, nothing happened. I even left the page up all night. Still there the next day.
alumcantandthd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:16 AM   #42
alumcantandthd

In the archives, there was more on the subject of me not being able to register on the forums
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-18-2021, 09:12 AM   #43
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
I wonder IF???

'IF' the cartouche' interior is 70% or 80% of a complete interior and it meets the "details" that DavidG has mentioned in a couple of his previous post (I.E pleats on the seat following trough all the way down the front edge)........IF the thought of going ahead and ordering and installing what IS in the kit and "MAYBE" having an Interior shop fill in the missing pieces and matching the cartouche' kit????? You wouldn't even have to do that right off the bat, you could wait awhile and get healed up financially BEFORE spend more money at a "reputable" shop!!!! Based on his stated "willing to do" and "NOT willing to do/pay for" I don't see any other logical option!!!!
Update: I "finally" was able to get some fairly decent pictures of the "Deluxe Roadster" upholstery 'kit' straight from Cartouche!!

You guys are right! What was in the pictures they sent me does NOT resemble ANY of the pictures that is in the Samples Brochure!!! IHO, what I am seeing in their pictures, is identical to the so called 'custom fit' seat covers JC Whitney sold in the 1970's!!! Two pieces of some kind of 3rd world country made vinyl GLUED, (not sewn) to a stiff paper bag backing!

I'm going to go over to the HAMB site, and ask if there is/was anybody that bought a Roadster body that happen to have the original interior in it,. then took it out.

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2021, 10:22 AM   #44
deuce lover

You and about 20 others.Good luck on that one.
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote