Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #41
32phil

Default Re: trouble with Mack's shipping

I only buy from Dick Spadaro. The only guys who know what they are talking about. The rest of the "vendors" are just that. They might as well be selling shoes or vegetables......Non value added retailers.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #42
Anderson

Mac's seems to have the best online catalog out of all the suppliers, and the carry just about everything. So I've placed a couple orders from them in the last couple weeks. After the first one took longer than I thought it should have to show up, I added the "$3.50 rush fee" to the next order....and it didn't make a bit of difference. But nothing was back ordered, it was all packed well and made it here in one piece. I'll continue ordering from them, but will just have to plan on it taking longer than I'd like.
Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #43
Mac VP

Prompt shipping is everyone's goal. How that works out can vary.

As you all know, we sell a lot of transmission parts. The time of the day you place the order has something to do with its shipment. Plus, we pull parts from the trans shop just once a day for orders.

Another factor is the occasional delay on one or two particular parts that may be in a stock order enroute to us at the time. Obviously, it makes sense to hold the order until ALL parts are here since the transmission job isnt going to get done anyway if something were back-ordered. We keep a SIGNIFICANT amount of parts on the shelves. All it takes is one single (but important) part to delay that order.

Other orders can be delayed due to various factors. One example is the customer who wants a part from our used parts inventory. This often requires some time in the warehouse to locate the part, usually some time separating it from an assembly, cleaning it up enough to ship, etc.

Many times, there is some behind-the-scenes double checking of particulars on your order. We may see something that doesnt match up to everything else, and a follow up phone call may be warranted.

Sometimes a part needed is one of those oddball items we have here somewhere but never can seem to locate right away....it might take a few days to find it.

Lastly, for us anyway, the UPS pickup is fairly early in the day. It's pretty difficult to offer any kind of "same day" shipping under those circumstances. Many orders go out via the USPS mail. Trips to the post office are time consuming to say the least.

I offer up these comments to help everyone understand some of the issues faced by your vendor suppliers. It's not our goal to delay your order.....the sooner we get it out the sooner the transaction is completed.
www.vanpeltsales.com
www.classictransmission.com
Mac VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #44
Cecil/WV

Makes sense to me!!
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #45
52merc

i use joblot james the owner is very helpfull
52merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #46
37don

If I order something in the morning it will be at my house the next day from Joe's Antique parts.
Don.
37don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #47
V12Bill

I ordered parts from Mac's on 2/9/12 and haven't received it yet. Monday is a holiday so I guess UPS will be shut down. If I don't receive the parts by Tues I might call. If I order a part from Job Lot before noon I get it the next day. Excellent service.
V12Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #48
SteveB31

If all you guys get such lousy service from Macs, then why do you buy from them? Their are alternatives.
SteveB31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #49
Bob NH

Does anybody on here know if there is a V8 parts vendor with a catalog as extensive in detail and advise as Bratton's model "A" ? He does a heck of a job with little stuff others do not have.
Bob NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #50
Darlene

Gentlemen,
This is Darlene Waldmiller, Marketing Manager for MAC's Antique Auto Parts. I handle ecommerce (email and web) for MAC's and I am posting in place of our Vice President/owner, Randy McIntosh, who is out of office for a few days. First of all, let me apologize for any less than stellar customer service you may have received, as customer service is always a priority for MAC's. We are working very hard to make improvements in our shipping methods and response time on customer issues. We know we have some issues that we need to resolve to get orders out the door faster for everyone, but we still strive to provide an individual level of service, that at times, has caused unusually high delays. For instance, we contact customers individually on back orders to see if they WANT to back order the item, or not, because we know as car guys, you may prefer to search out the part you need right away for your restoration. We are investing more heavily in inventory, and even keep many "onesies" on hand that we don't even sell one of in a year, just in case we are the only place that has that one part left for a guy that really needs that part to complete his restoration. As a Lockport NY based company, our in-house customer service team strives to improve on their service every day, and we do take the time to react to issues. We are very thankful for our customers and appreciate forums like Ford Barn, where guys can talk and get help with their restoration questions. Please do not hesitate to contact me with company issues or website issues. I look forward to your feedback.

Darlene Waldmiller
Marketing Manager
[email protected]
716-204-9378
716-210-1370 fax
MAC's Antique Auto Parts
www.macsautoparts.com
Your One Stop Source For Quality Parts and Accessories for your 1909-70's Ford & Mercury

Darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #51
gmc1941

The apologies (BS) are nice but it dosen't seem to solve the problems. What you say and what you do is killing our (lost) trust in you as company. You're not the only company. Your catologs are great wish books, and we wish you could get the parts and ship in a timely manner as you state you will do. You've lost all my business I don't need false hopes. GMC1941

Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.
gmc1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #52
criswellnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
Gentlemen,
This is Darlene Waldmiller, Marketing Manager for MAC's Antique Auto Parts. I handle ecommerce (email and web) for MAC's and I am posting in place of our Vice President/owner, Randy McIntosh, who is out of office for a few days. First of all, let me apologize for any less than stellar customer service you may have received, as customer service is always a priority for MAC's. We are working very hard to make improvements in our shipping methods and response time on customer issues. We know we have some issues that we need to resolve to get orders out the door faster for everyone, but we still strive to provide an individual level of service, that at times, has caused unusually high delays. For instance, we contact customers individually on back orders to see if they WANT to back order the item, or not, because we know as car guys, you may prefer to search out the part you need right away for your restoration. We are investing more heavily in inventory, and even keep many "onesies" on hand that we don't even sell one of in a year, just in case we are the only place that has that one part left for a guy that really needs that part to complete his restoration. As a Lockport NY based company, our in-house customer service team strives to improve on their service every day, and we do take the time to react to issues. We are very thankful for our customers and appreciate forums like Ford Barn, where guys can talk and get help with their restoration questions. Please do not hesitate to contact me with company issues or website issues. I look forward to your feedback.

Darlene Waldmiller
Marketing Manager
[email protected]
716-204-9378
716-210-1370 fax
MAC's Antique Auto Parts
www.macsautoparts.com
Your One Stop Source For Quality Parts and Accessories for your 1909-70's Ford & Mercury

This just seems to be an updated version of the same "canned" response that I was given almost ten years ago. Judging by reading some of the posts in this thread, the same problems that I was experiencing then have not gotten any better, rather they have just gotten worse. All of the complaints that have been given here are the reasons that I have spoken with my money and buy what I need from different vendors. All of the problems that I was having with Mac's (mostly from their rude customer service) all stopped or were fixed when I stopped ordering parts from them.

Looking for a copy or reprint of 1932 A.E.A. Universal Catalog of Genuine Electrical Service Parts
criswellnk is offline   Reply With Quote