Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #21
mrtexas

Default Re: think i found a bad seller here

This is one reason I hate postal money orders. Getting a refund is way too difficult. On the other hand the PO might help with a mail fraud charge but this would be way too complicated. Hope you have your MO receipt.

If you pay with paypal funded with your credit card and the seller doesn't deliver, you can get your money back. All you have to do is do a credit card charge back, refuse the charge with the credit card company. Paypal can't undue a refused credit card charge. The seller would have to provide proof of shipping.

I know how this works since I just went thru it as a seller, the buyer never contacted me, must have been over his credit limit. I had happily used the paypal shipping service.

Sad but true, there are a very few dishonest sellers out there, on Fordbarn even.
mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #22
Smitty

I bought some tools from Gerard, he was great.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #23
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wastler View Post
It really sucks to get taken, but I fully believe in karma, and you may never know, but what goes around comes around....
Karma is BS. That's why it keeps happening. Be good because it's the right thing to do.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #24
Gerard

I second that tinker,

Gerard
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:31 AM   #25
redmodelt

Did the seller have several other people interested in the wheels, then asked you to make an offer? Was he from Dallis TX? Was part of his name Otto or Otis?
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #26
Steve Wastler

Karma works for me, if it doesn't work for you, maybe you put out enough bad karma for it to work for you.
Steve Wastler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #27
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Karma works for me, if it doesn't work for you, maybe you put out enough bad karma for it to work for you.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #28
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmodelt View Post
Did the seller have several other people interested in the wheels, then asked you to make an offer? Was he from Dallis TX? Was part of his name Otto or Otis?

none of the above
coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #29
Tinker

Quote:
All in good fun, but you don't even know me. I don't do good things because I want good things to happen to me. Example, on my way to napa for some points for the flathead. I see a women with a flat tire looking very overwhelmed. I stop and change her tire. I changed the tire because it was the right thing to do.

Side note, do people now days not have the correct jack for their car and do they ever check to see if the spare has air in it?
Old 12-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #30
Steve Wastler

Tinkler, right back at you, you don't know me either, where did I single you out. You seem to have a twisted outlook on Karma. Put out good vibes and you get good vibes, likewise with bad vibes. Nothing I said should lead you to believe I do good things because I want good things, it is just the benefit of doing the right thing. Merry Christmas to you and yours
Steve Wastler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #31
coop

after posting this yesterday i recieved this email

My wife said all info and phon num was on. I called greyhound and they say little behind and they should be tjere soon. Sorry for late delivery. Xmas

so if nothing shows up next week ill post all his info.
so for now dont anyone try to buy any 1935 ford wire wheels from ohio.he had some listed in oct for sale and marked them sold maybe buyer back out, then in nov. a set for the same price thats where i came in....this was my first and last impulse buy..my wants over ran my thoughts....
Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #32
ronn

I've used greyhound and twice they lost the goods. WOuld never use them again. That was on about 20 transactions. In defense of the seller, what is a guy to do, once he has shipped the item?
Greyhound only insures to 300. and if the item is worth more, you lose. Greyhound also notes that shipping is on a standby basis-meaning, they will ship your goods only when they have extra space.
That sometimes can be a month. Folks, you need to know what you are getting into with greyhound, before jumping on a seller. Not to say that a seller can't be bad either....
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #33
Tinker

Hope you get the wheels.

I never got personal, I was speaking my thoughts on karma. I'll turn the other cheek on the conversation...
Old 12-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #34
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
I've used greyhound and twice they lost the goods. WOuld never use them again. That was on about 20 transactions. In defense of the seller, what is a guy to do, once he has shipped the item?
Greyhound only insures to 300. and if the item is worth more, you lose. Greyhound also notes that shipping is on a standby basis-meaning, they will ship your goods only when they have extra space.
That sometimes can be a month. Folks, you need to know what you are getting into with greyhound, before jumping on a seller. Not to say that a seller can't be bad either....
thats why i havent posted his info..but then again he was reported on the HAMB as being a bad seller and is no longer on there....i was promised 3 different times they would be shipped,, i really hope they show up next week. i have never had this problem before just was really looking for some advice....and about the seller when he wont return your phone calls or emails what would you think....
Old 12-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #35
allison-tech

I stopped by this shop yesterday & bought some floorboards for my '29 Tudor. Ryan was very pleasant to deal with and even stayed open late for me (knowing I was driving up from my home 1 1/2 hrs away) after their Christmas party. Hope you get your parts.....Merry Christmas!
allison-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #36
Tom F OHIO

Ryan must be a good seller like the name Gerard was mentioned. ,Allison-tec who is Ryan in case I ever need floorboards or something else.

Last edited by Tom F OHIO; 12-24-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Wrong Name
Tom F OHIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #37
jimvette59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
I bought some early V-8 parts over on the Early V-8 side of Fordbarn recently, from Chuck Kuntz.

Excellent parts, fast shipping, very well packed I was very happy with him.
I've have purchased parts from Chuck in the past. He is a great guy.
jimvette59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #38
JBill

I hate to jump on the postal service, since they have problems enough, but don't count on them to do anything at all about scams conducted through the mails. Several years ago I bought (well, I paid for) a rebuilt steering tube assembly from a guy in Ohio (initials are R. E.). I sent a check ($250, so not chump change), talked to him a couple of times, heard his various excuses, then that was it. I sent copies of the ad, all correspondence, the cancelled check, etc., to the post office people and, after several months, was told there was nothing they could do, because there was no proof on intent to defraud (it was a form letter, by the way). I though taking my money and never sending the part was plenty proof enough!!
JBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #39
Tom Wesenberg

I had a similar experience and the same result as JBill. Seems you are on your own no matter who the shipper is. That makes it very easy for the scammers.

Last edited by Tom Wesenberg; 12-24-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #40
d.

I had to jump in here...I have used FedEx Ground for years...until I had a Model A rear spring shipped from Mid-West to NC and it disappeared!
Labels all over it, wrapped well...traced to the 2nd FedEx center about 200 miles away from ship point and POOF! nobody could find the rear spring anywhere, even when supplied with a photo of what a 65 lb. Model A rear spring looks like. It is still probably sitting in the corner of a FedEx Ground warehouse.
d. is offline   Reply With Quote