Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #11
WTSHNN

Default Re: The Lee Roy Hartung Collection Auction = Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29RPU View Post
Just looking again....does anybody else think that maybe the 'Chicago' plate above the windshield might be homemade also?? I think the lettering would have been better than that if it was actually police-done. Just an observation.
Most everything police related on that car is not original CPD. The "Police Alarm" on the door is off the side of a building.

My avatar pic is of CPD taking deliver of 1929 Phaetons. The vehicles were void of any excessive decoration. They typically had CPD or Police on the hood, a number on the doors and a number on the roof.

Here is a picture of a '36 Ford Paddy Wagon that shows how devoid of any major bling it had. http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/photog...940struck.html

Here is a 20's era CPD wagon as well. This one has the bell in front of the radiator, the first and only time I've seen a picture like that. Most other ones had a bell on the passenger running board.
http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/photog...ized-patr.html The website refers to it as a '24 Ford but that radiator doesn't look 20's Model T to me.

I can't wait until I (hopefully) get to see this thing pulled out of the barn or at least with all the crap off of it (notice all the tennis rackets stacked up on the front seat).

-Tim

Last edited by WTSHNN; 09-13-2011 at 04:20 PM.
WTSHNN is offline   Reply With Quote