Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #21
Bob/Kansas City

Default Re: Influx of car shows on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniacshotrods View Post
Can someone give me channel numbers for these shows. I have dish and over 250 channels with a lot of them blocked (thanks to my wife ,she has more patients than me ha )so it wouldnt take 5 hours to go through em. Dont know what most of em even are. Thanks
Here in Kansas City on Dish the velocity channel is on 246.
Bob/Kansas City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #22
Ross/Kzoo

Watch shows like A$$ Monkey Garage and cars that were sold previously are still in the shop. That tells me the customer returned the car or the sale was fictitious. That Richard Rawlings is a self-centered joke.
Ross/Kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:44 PM   #23
SeaSlugs

Yea discovery and history used to be good cool to watch channels that didnt have alot of drama - mainly informational or learning about something someone or an event. Whoever owns them is greedy and wants to make shows that have drama kinda like a soap opera for guys to keep people glued to the tv.

Main reason why i dont have cable or satelite and rarely ever watch tv. About the only car show i watch is Top Gear UK. Yes i know some of it is scripted and whatnot but at least they do go to random places around the world and have all sorts of challenges. That and get to see cars ill never be able to buy lol.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #24
prpmmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
I've never seen any of these shows.I had no idea how many shows there are out there.There was an old two family home in the town next to me,that the town had bought for the property.About 16 months ago they decided to demo the buildings on the property.There was an old two car garage out back,kind of tipping over with the sliding doors kind of wedged in the ground.Before they tore the garage up they had a camera crew all set up to record what they would find when they removed the doors.There was a 67 Plymouth in there,flat tires,inch of dirt on it,but very well preserved.The previous owner said there had not been a car in that garage since the 50's.On top of that there was no way there would have been a Mopar product there.Because of a problem he had with a Chrysler product just after the war he never owned another one.Then he told me how the TV people had carefully removed the sliding doors,rolled the car in,re-installed the doors,and spread dirt on the car with a lawn seeder.They had dug four holes for the tires and let the air out of them.They then filmed the whole unveiling as what you can still find in barns.I have no idea what TV outfit did this.
Thats why its called the boob tube!!(Remember when there was no boobs on TV and it was still called the boob tube) Pete
prpmmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #25
Hugh in NC

During the last blizzard here in the sandhills of North Carolina I watched about half of the Motor Trend Roadkill series on youtube. Some of the episodes were very good and some were just goofy. I does prove the fact that a person can have a good job, good education, live in California and still be a redneck at heart.
Hugh in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #26
Barber31

I noticed stuff like that on American choppers too. They would build bikes for a client yet they would have them stored in their garages after the owners took delivery. I always wondered why that was. On a side note, my Tudor was briefly shown on a episode of Gas monkey Garage so that's pretty cool to me. Technically I could say millions of people have seen my Model A.
Barber31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #27
Merc Cruzer

When I type in Gas Monkey Garage, nothing come up...Ok so it is part of Fast N' Loud

Last edited by Merc Cruzer; 02-28-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #28
insomniacshotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc Cruzer View Post
When I type in Gas Monkey Garage, nothing come up...Ok so it is part of Fast N' Loud
Yes sir.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:37 AM   #29
Ross/Kzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc Cruzer View Post
"Fast and Loud". The fast are his dealings and the loud is his ever moving mouth.
Ross/Kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:36 AM   #30
Slowplane

My favorite show is called "IN MY GARAGE", and since I dumped television a few years ago, its on almost every day.
lots more stuff gets done now.
Slowplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #31
Purdy Swoft

We've got Dish. Number 246 is not in our list, it skips it completely. I guess its not available in Alabama.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #32
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdy Swoft View Post
We've got Dish. Number 246 is not in our list, it skips it completely. I guess its not available in Alabama.
I looked it up. Unless you purchase their HD package you don't get Velocity Channel.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:55 AM   #33
KenCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniacshotrods View Post
Can someone give me channel numbers for these shows. I have dish and over 250 channels with a lot of them blocked (thanks to my wife ,she has more patients than me ha )so it wouldnt take 5 hours to go through em. Dont know what most of em even are. Thanks
I am thinking of changing to DISH, but on their web site I have not been able to find Velocity which is the channel most of these shows are on.
KenCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:56 AM   #34
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCoupe View Post
I am thinking of changing to DISH, but on their web site I have not been able to find Velocity which is the channel most of these shows are on.
I looked it up. Unless you purchase their HD package you don't get Velocity Channel that is on 246.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #35
Purdy Swoft

I've got the HD package and still no Velocity or channel 246. I'll have Deb look in to it again.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #36
latecomer

roadster 62 great idea about filming the cider meet show how can i get in touch with someone. latecomer or [email protected]
latecomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #37
dankurth

For old cars, especially A's, you can't top "The Waltons", still being shown on the Hallmark chanel.
dankurth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #38
Purdy Swoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
I looked it up. Unless you purchase their HD package you don't get Velocity Channel.
Thanks Mike V. , You've helped me a lot again !!!!!!! It showed up on screen that we had the HD package. We paid for the HD package but still didn't have channel 246 with velocity. Deb called Dish, they appologised and said that it was a glitch in the system. They said that they will give me an additional 12 months free. I'm sorta watching it now. American car prospector is on now. Without your advise we probably would never have looked into it , now i'll have a bunch of good stuff to watch.Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #39
Roadster62

Heads up! Tuesday night Rays show will have a feature on The Vanderbilt Cup Races on Long Island. this is fast becoming the car show to watch. Bob http://americarnatv.com/hosts/
Old 03-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #40
BlueSunoco

Americarna. The episodes I 've seen were real interesting. No drama. No phony time lines, no BS just a good car show. The '40 Ford Coupe story and NASCAR was top notch.

I'm with Wick. I' m sure that guy on Graveyard Cars is just a put-on, the cheap drama angle like Coddington used to abuse his guys. just about any of the guys on here would tell that jerk to stick it, IF he was really like that.

Last edited by BlueSunoco; 03-19-2014 at 12:28 PM.
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote