Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-17-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
45yellowford

Default Flathead motor 8BA Ford 1949 - 1953

City: Idaho Falls
State: ID
Price: see add

This flathead is been rebuilt but never installed. I started it on my engine stand to check everything. It runs great and very smooth. NO oil leaks and no water leaks. Cold start oil pressure is 50 pounds and hot idle oil pressure 15 pounds. Both main and rod surfaces on the crank were polished and new Clevite main and rod bearings were installed. New cam bearings were installed and a reground Nielson cam was installed. The cam is the 77B grind which is 260 duration and .320 lift. The block was rebored to 60 over and new Egge pistons were installed with new wrist pins and new bushings. The lifters were reconditioned and the valves were reground. The flywheel was resurfaced. The engine and flywheel were balanced. I have the data on the balance. The block was resurfaced and the heads were resurfaced. All machine work was done by a local machine shop that has been in business for many years and has an excellent reputation.
The engine in the picture is the engine that you will get and it includes water pumps,distributor and carb. The engine stand and dash are not included in the sale. Other items not included are battery,radiator and radiator hoses & pipes, gauges and, exhaust manifolds.
I can ship it on Truck Line Freight which will cost about $280 to any place in the lower 48. My charge to mount it on the pallet, wrap it and deliver it to the truck lines is $50. You can pick it up at my shop for no charge and I will load it onto your vehicle.
I am asking $3900. OBO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3134.jpg (48.8 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3136.jpg (87.6 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by 45yellowford; 07-18-2016 at 11:04 AM. Reason: I forgot to include the price.
45yellowford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:43 AM   #2
45yellowford

Default Re: Flathead motor 8BA Ford 1949 - 1953

ttt
45yellowford is offline   Reply With Quote