Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Ford's Service Letters...are there others?

Most of us know that there are two known assembly plant service letters (Indianapolis {28-31} and Chicago {30-31}) and one service plant service letters (Fargo {28}) out that have been reproduced.

Question is...does anyone know if there are other assembly plant service letters out there that could be reproduced as those that already are for 1928 thru 1931?

Thanks.

Pluck

Last edited by Steve Plucker; 12-19-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:58 PM   #2
Lincoln

Default Re: Ford's Service Letters...are there others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plucker View Post
Most of us know that there are two known assembly plant service letters (Indianapolis and Chicago) and one service plant service letters (Fargo) out that have been reproduced.

Question is...does anyone know if there are others assembly plant service letters out there that could be reproduced as those that already are?

Thanks.

Pluck
I presume you are referring to the Model A Branch Service Letters for 1928-31. You will be lucky to find anyone that has these as most people never collected them.
I started collecting Branch letters for the years of 1932-48 in the late 60's after I became interested in the FORD V-8's. I remember seeing a few "A" Service Letters at that time; but nowheres close to the several thousand 32-48 letters I have since collected. I am sure the "A" letters were available then, but I was not too interested. The few letters I did collect have all been sold.
Most of my 1932-48 letters were issued by the St. Louis, Edgewater, and Buffalo Branches out of a total of about 38 Branches (Indianapolis and Chicago are included).. Most likely the other Branches issued the same information by letters, but am not sure since I have not seen many of those.
The Service Letters contained a lot of useful details, but the Branches also issued letters on Sales, Parts & Accessories, and other important subjects which you may find interesting.
Lots of Luck!

Lincoln
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote