Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
ora masters

Default 34 ford victoria stock orignal

is there no 34 victoria cars that have not ben hot rodded choped or customized i have had a ad in the swap meet for over a year looking for one with no luck i would love to buy one thanks ORA
ora masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #2
TJ

Default Re: 34 ford victoria stock orignal

Did you put an ad anywhere else? A want ad in the V-8 Club website classifieds and an ad in the V-8 Times magazine would also help you. Also post an ad in Hemmings Motor News and Old Cars Weekly. Also try this website www.americandreamcars.com. or this site; www.motorheadtrader.com. You need to advertise in more than one spot or check more than one website.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #3
rockfla

there were at least two on ebay within the last 6 months. I think one was in the Las Vegas area (Green) and a Cordoba Tan one, sorry forget where that one was.????
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
ora masters

thanks TJ i have ben back and fourth the owner will find out today if we make a deal he is down to $17,000.00 still too high if he agrease i will drive 750 miles to look at car before i pay him any money i have a new truck with just 2,000 miles it needs a good work out if the vicky look.s likes he says i will rent a uhall traler and bring it home when it warms up if not it will be a nice trip out of 48 replies you were the only one told me where i could find a 34 victoria thanks again ORA
Old 02-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
FrankWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ora masters View Post
thanks TJ i have ben back and fourth the owner will find out today if we make a deal he is down to $17,000.00 still too high if he agrease i will drive 750 miles to look at car before i pay him any money i have a new truck with just 2,000 miles it needs a good work out if the vicky look.s likes he says i will rent a uhall traler and bring it home when it warms up if not it will be a nice trip out of 48 replies you were the only one told me where i could find a 34 victoria thanks again ORA
can you post a picture
FrankWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #6
FrankWest

Quote:
is there no 34 victoria cars that have not ben hot rodded choped or customized i have had a ad in the swap meet for over a year looking for one with no luck i would love to buy one thanks ORA
It is getting harder to find non hotrodded any 33/34 fords these days.
The counterman at advanced auto laughted when he heard my 1933 ford was 50 HP... Seems the new generation wants the 33/34 body with a 400 hp hemi engine.... crazy...
Old 02-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #7
ora masters

frank i cant post pictures wish i could i do good just to turn this thing on and off i can take a model A apart and put it back with my eyes closed but i have trouble with this machine
Old 02-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #8
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Can you email photos? If you can, email them to me and I will post them for you.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:30 AM   #9
ora masters

no i cant even do that thanks jseery
Old 02-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #10
FrankWest

Quote:
frank i cant post pictures wish i could i do good just to turn this thing on and off i can take a model A apart and put it back with my eyes closed but i have trouble with this machine
Ora, so you are not buying that victoria? What happened?
Old 02-19-2015, 12:41 PM   #11
ora masters

frank i had offered him $17,000.00 it had 16 inch tires and wheels he said he had 17 inch wheels with no tires the 16 inch tires were just rollers he wanted to take the rollers of an put the 17 wheels with no tires on or wanted $500. more i said no way he said good day and hung up i may have made a mistake but $17,000.was $10 more than old cars price guide you win some and loose i guess i lost
Old 02-19-2015, 01:29 PM   #12
trainguy

Ora, I think the guy did you a favor!The car sounds like a money pit.Be patient one will show up at a fair price.Phil
trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #13
roadster36
BANNED

17's are not worth 500 bucks unless they had decent tires on them. I was surprised to see what they sell for when I was looking for a spare set. There were several sets on the auction site for the 100 dollar range. It costs more to ship them them to buy them. The car you are looking at is a money pit, the guy selling it knows that.
roadster36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #14
ora masters

36 the 16,s with roller tires is what he wanted $500. for they are a dime a dozen around here this car had all matching numbers was a big reason i wanted the car the body man that did my last two cars a 28 rdst pick uk and 48 coupe is a retired pipe fitter ho is as good as a proff body man betwen fishing trips does this as a hobby you would not believe what he charges an hour he is also a friend of mine as you can see my spelling is not very good when wife is not here
Old 02-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #15
roadster36
BANNED

Hi Ora, For me part of the whole "thing" with early Ford's was being able to do most of it myself. I still had to farm out chrome and upholstery, etc. Many times after the cars were done I went off onto another project. When I got closer to retirement I put a higher value on my time and talent and realized that it made a lot more sense for me to buy what I wanted already done or close to it. I wanted a '34 roadster and spent several hours each day doing research and through that I found many other cars. My phaeton, my Victoria, my cabriolet's,my roadster's and a few other were all located by accident. I wasn't looking for any of the other cars, only the roadster. I can tell you that Victoria's in the condition you are seeking are not that common. If I were you I would submit an ad in the Early Ford Club V8 Times and describe your situation and your needs. There are people out there who place want ads claiming to be "collectors" etc. who seem to find many cars out there. I will keep my eyes open for one for you. The Victoria I have was found locally and is one of the best one's I have seen since I was a kid in the '60'. I consider myself fortunate to have stumbled upon it. - Dennis
roadster36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #16
ora masters

thanks rdst36 i never thaught about the v8times which i belong to will do that today ora add is gone so as of today so tough luck ORA

Last edited by ora masters; 02-26-2015 at 03:11 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #17
ora masters

up date on 34 vicky long story short i made a deal with him when the weather breaks if he still has it i will drive over in my truck if it is like i hope i will pay him $17,000.00 cash and bring it home thanks every one ORA
Old 03-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #18
TonyM

Quote:
thanks rdst36 i never thaught about the v8times which i belong to will do that today ora add is gone so as of today so tough luck ORA

In case it don't work out for you:

If you are a member, then you get one free advert in the V-8 Times every year. Check the sheet that comes with your membership card. There should be a coupon for a free ad in the V-8 Times. Will keep my ears and eyes open for you. Good luck.
TonyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #19
39topless

Quote:
up date on 34 vicky long story short i made a deal with him when the weather breaks if he still has it i will drive over in my truck if it is like i hope i will pay him $17,000.00 cash and bring it home thanks every one ORA
Not to tell you your business but.... if it was me in your situation, I would try to lock this deal up with an appropriate down payment and the balance due "ON APPROVAL" AFTER YOU HAVE TAKEN A LOOK AT IT.
You don't want this guy selling this out from under you. I think, from personal experience, that, while it burns you to miss-spend money, regrets are a lot harder to live with.
Good Luck
39topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #20
ora masters

yes topless i have bean tempted to do that and still might