Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-30-2020, 06:42 PM   #21
svm99

Default Re: Don Orosco,RIP

I was at his place one time and would talk with him at various swap meets, a great guy to know. So sorry to hear of his passing.
Paul J.
svm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:56 PM   #22
JM 35 Sedan

Rest in peace Don.

I'm very happy to own a set of his '32-'36 Eddy Meyers reproduction 21 stud finned aluminum heads, and one his 2x2 high rise intakes.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:09 PM   #23
Kilroy

That sucks... He was nice the few times I talked to him. More approachable than I expected. RIP
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:56 AM   #24
deuce lover

This statement is from the American Hot Rod Foundation that was posted by a HAMB member.

It is with a heavy heart that we pass along the sad news that hot rodder, racer, restorer and collector, Don Orosco, has passed away due to complications from a long battle with multiple myeloma.

Don was one of the great champions of the traditional hot rod movement of the early 1990s and oversaw the restoration and resurrection of such great and historic hot rods as the Dick Flint roadster, the original So-Cal Coupe, the Lloyd Bakan coupe, and the Tony La Masa roadster. . . just to name a few.

He also made available to the hot rod community a wonderful line of high-quality reproduction speed equipment that is second to none, featuring names like Eddie Meyer, ELCO, ORD, ARDUN, and Italmeccanica.

He was a hard-charging historic sports car racer on the track, oftentimes seen in one of his Scarab sports racers or Grand Prix cars, and never disappointed with his incredible set-up each year in the pits at Laguna Seca.

That said, our interactions with Don always revolved around his never-ending love for early Ford-based hot rods and we’ll always remember him for that. Thank you for everything you did for our little slice of the car world, Don Orosco. Godspeed to you!

Last edited by deuce lover; 05-31-2020 at 04:15 AM.
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:45 PM   #25
Rodrelic

I sent an order, email, and call about some heads. Gave up on finding aluminum Tops for my fresh LB, too bad I used dome tops. So a few weeks later had just got into the telehandler and he called me. Discussed the stuff I was doing, said he had checked and had a couple sets left, so I pinned one down. I wanted a second set to be domed for the fresh motor, but missed out on that. He did not know when any more would be produced. Sad for myself, but guilty of being selfish, Don was a friendly guy and helped me a bunch, did not know the circumstances. Have to say the price of his “ hens teeth” was too cheap. Will get an intake to match soon and do the spare over and the dome top motor will have cast heads, until a collection comes up, life could suck more.
Would have had To have a damn good reason to see the urban coast but to have met Don would have done it, Great history lessons on the site, what a great life
Rodrelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:15 PM   #26
Jason in TX

Wow. Sad to hear this. He was an influencer in this hobby for sure. RIP Don.
Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote