Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #361
Vic Piano

Default Re: What I Did on My Lunch Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstom View Post
"Hey ITSTOM, I thought you might be interested to know that your favorite store Lowe's..."

Apparently you have already forgotten that IT WAS SARCASM. I'll explain. I was just trying to poke fun at the way you constantly stuck up for BD and the insults you hurled at the BD critics. In the future, I will try and use a style of humor that is less sophisticated.

I know a narcissist such as yourself will find this hard to believe, but I don't care where you get your garage doors. If that knowledge is painful, just imagine it isn't true.

Hey, I think I just figured out why your tag line is so appealing to you.
Wow, Again with the BIG words... Too bad you don't know how to use them correctly. If you sucking up to Lowe's was (as you stated) sarcasm, it was very well disguised in your rant. Further, I never hurled insults at any of Bob Drake's detractors; I merely supported him in much the same way you stuck up for Lowe's. I thought you'd like to know about Lowe's screwing up the garage doors for the third time, because you said they (Lowe's) could do no wrong... I was just trying to alert you so you wouldn't have your facts wrong the next time you go to bat for Lowe's. Go back to your dictionary and check the definition of Narcissism, read it as many times as you need, to fully comprehend its meaning, get some outside help if you need to, and then try to present a cogent argument. I guess we’re in round two of Double Jeopardy Imagine that… Welcome back to the game, would you like to go for Round Three...?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #362
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK PKNY View Post
Hay Vic, I had one of jags 1971 type 12cyl. My kids would laugh at me because befor I left home I had to put my tool box in the back! All that Lucas stuff is called the prince of darkness. But I still would love to have one in the 6 cyl variety. They run much better. Frank
Frank, I hear ya, the Lucas electronics were never a strong point of English cars. My dad bought the '68 E-Type new and, as it turned out, it is designated buy the Jaguar Automobile Clubs as a Series 1.5 because it was the exported (the U.S.) version of the Series 1. The Series 1.5 has two SU carburetors’, not three Stromberg’s, a smaller grille opening and several other distinguishing characteristics, setting it apart from the Series 1. Vic
Old 08-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #363
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
Wow, Again with the BIG words... Too bad you don't know how to use them correctly. If you sucking up to Lowe's was (as you stated) sarcasm, it was very well disguised in your rant. Further, I never hurled insults at any of Bob Drake's detractors; I merely supported him in much the same way you stuck up for Lowe's. I thought you'd like to know about Lowe's screwing up the garage doors for the third time, because you said they (Lowe's) could do no wrong... I was just trying to alert you so you wouldn't have your facts wrong the next time you go to bat for Lowe's. Go back to your dictionary and check the definition of Narcissism, read it as many times as you need, to fully comprehend its meaning, get some outside help if you need to, and then try to present a cogent argument. I guess we’re in round two of Double Jeopardy Imagine that… Welcome back to the game, would you like to go for Round Three...?
Just one definition of NARCISSISTIC, as copied and pasted (and quoted) directly from www.mayoclinic site:

Definition

By Mayo Clinic staff
"Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism."

DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #364
Vic Piano

Another Country Heard From

V8COOPMAN, thanks for jumping into the fray. Would you like to become a contestant as well? I have to say that you'll be disqualified if you were in fact under the supervision of the Mayo Clinic at any time, as that might give you an unfair advantage... It's obvious (from several previous postings) that some people misconstrue a genuine interest in the hobby and willingness to share related experience, as some form of narcissism. If that were the case, the Mayo Clinic definition would be applicable to most of us here on the forum however, most of us (myself included) do not put ourselves out there as "experts" with relevance to Early Ford V8's. As someone on the forum stated; "we are here to learn". I'll go one step further and add to that statement, "Learn and enjoy the hobby" Now,are you ready to go for Round Three?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #365
itstom

In case there's still any confusion of what replies are and are not sarcasm, I'm real sure that V8COOPMAN was not being sarcastic.

Also, you need to check your facts regarding your E-type. The Series 1.5 was not the "exported to the US version" as stated. As a matter of fact, the Series 1 was introduced in this country a few months before it was released in England. They continued to be sold in this country until the introduction of the 1.5's in '67 or so.

Examples of NARCISSISM:
<in his narcissism, he just assumed that everyone else wanted to hear the tiny details of his day>
source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/narcissist

I think the guy with the "What I Did on My Lunch Hour" (emphasis added) thread fits the definition.
itstom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #366
Vic Piano

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
My apologies... I didn't realize that you were an expert on Jaguars as well... As you must know by now (apparently you've read all my post) I am not overly concerned with the political correctness of any of our cars/trucks, be they Ford V8's, Lincoln's, Studebakers or Jaguars. Like myriad posters here on the forum, I enjoy reading about and sharing, the trials and tribulations’ we all experience in things relevant to our hobby. If I were spewing incessant, irrelevant minutia (similar to what you've been posting) that definition might have a loose association. For future reference, I'll offer you some constructive criticism;
The English language, like any other tool, is only effective in the hands of someone that knows how to use it… You are obviously a novice. Have a nice day.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #367
Vic Piano

Getting back to the original purpose of this thread, working on Flatheads, we are planning on getting a few things done this Saturday on Mike's '41, Steve's '46 and my '39, in preparation for the trip up to Dawsonville, Georgia, to attend the Mountain "Barner's Bash" and the Moonshine Festival in late October. Things are looking somewhat precarious as far as the weather for this weekend is concerned; it looks like we'll be in for a Hurricane unless it changes its predicted path... So, there is a veil of uncertainty hanging over us... I hope we can make some progress on the cars… We’ll see.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #368
KiWinUS

der NO SHOOT COOP ,IT WENT WAY OVER your HEAD ............ SO SORRY ................GET YA GLOVE ON SON !!! I know exactly what Vic said !!!

I am just so glad you guys love Vic so much that you need to read his awesome posts ........... as it is your choice !!!
you could just pass over them ....... but you all love him so much ..........I dont blame ya for that tho ...... hes awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE=V8COOPMAN;484219]KiWinUS...You've made TWO posts now with reference to itstom somehow stating something about "pissing" in cornflakes. Maybe if YOU will go back to VIC's post #324 and try, once again, to READ AND COMPREHEND what's going-on here, you MIGHT realize that VIC was the ONLY one here making ANY reference to "pissing in anyone's cornflakes". DD[/QUOTE]
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #369
KiWinUS

Vic are you planning on driving the LZ to the MS fest ? I love that car ....
I believe the awesome lady organising the cars around the courthouse is giving me my original spot back for the 36
Cant wait to see you guys !!!
Cheers
Tony
Old 08-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #370
Kube

[QUOTE=KiWinUS;484455]der NO SHOOT COOP ,IT WENT WAY OVER your HEAD ............ SO SORRY ................GET YA GLOVE ON SON !!! I know exactly what Vic said !!!

I am just so glad you guys love Vic so much that you need to read his awesome posts ........... as it is your choice !!!
you could just pass over them ....... but you all love him so much ..........I dont blame ya for that tho ...... hes awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwi,
Is this an out take from DELIVERANCE? Did they not have school where you came from?
You should be thankful the good Lord made breathing an involuntary action or surely you'd suffocate within the confusion.
My God, so much wasted air...
Old 08-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #371
Vic Piano

Hey Mike, glad to see you're back posting on this thread, I mean, how can we miss you if you won't go away...? LOL Just kiddin’, I’m glad we enjoy pokin’ fun at each other…
Old 08-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #372
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
Vic are you planning on driving the LZ to the MS fest ? I love that car ....
I believe the awesome lady organising the cars around the courthouse is giving me my original spot back for the 36
Cant wait to see you guys !!!
Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony,
I'm planning on driving the '39 CS up to Dawsonville, not the Zephyr. We've got to redo the transmission as the synchro locked up and I've been trying to find some time on the weekends to tackle that job. Also, I don't have a top on the Zephyr yet so that would make it a challenge to drive up to Georgia in late October, those Mountains can get cold and night. We (all the guys driving up with us) are looking forward to seeing you. We'll be doing our own "tour" on Friday, the 26th, as part of the Mountain "Barner's Bash", sure hope you can join us. Vic
Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #373
Vic Piano

Steering Wheel Removal Question

I just received the upper steering column bushing with the bronze insert (for our '39 CS), from Joblot. My question is; can I use a conventional puller to remove the Banjo Wheel or do I need something specific for this application? As always, help is appreciated. Thanks, Vic
Old 08-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #374
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
Steering Wheel Removal Question

I just received the upper steering column bushing with the bronze insert (for our '39 CS), from Joblot. My question is; can I use a conventional puller to remove the Banjo Wheel or do I need something specific for this application? As always, help is appreciated. Thanks, Vic
You need a special puller similar to the SnapOn one below. '39 wheels had no provision for threaded holes like '40 and later to use the more common (generic) pullers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN8385.jpg (38.8 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Kube; 08-23-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Kube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #375
Vic Piano

Thanks Mike, that's what I thought but wasn't sure.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #376
Vic Piano

It looks like we are in the proverbial "calm before the storm" here in the Tampa Bay area... The storm is not supposed to adversely affect the area until late Monday night with possible flooding on Tuesday. We are still planning on getting some work done on Flatheads tomorrow, Steve and Mike will both be here with their cars, Steve’s ’46 & Mike’s ’41 for some brake work and, if we have time, we’ll pull the banjo wheel off of our ’39 so we can replace the now non-existent upper steering column bushing.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #377
Vic Piano

Well, the sun was out this morning Steve showed up with his '46 while Mike and Cliff came over without Flatheads... We got started on the rear brakes of Steve's Coupe,

Removing the right rear drum was no problem however; the left side gave us a hard time. Before too long we had everything back together, bled and adjusted, etc. I torqued to axle nuts to 200 ft-lb’s(I did use my torque wrench)

Steve drove the '46 around the block and we re torqued and set the cotter pins. After that, I drove the Zephyr off of the lift and put the '39 CS up before everyone took off (no pizza today). I just replaced the wishbone rubber ball in the '39 CS and

I'm done for the day... just in time for the afternoon drenching... Thanks to Mike, Steve and Cliff for another Flathead Fun day.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #378
oldford2

Vic,
Looks like you guys had fun before the rivers rise. How come it always takes 2 workers, one watcher, and one picture snapper for each project.
Barb and I just joined up with the New England tour in Augusta, ME. 300 miles up here today so nice to settle in. Off soon for ribs and then a rest. Walt Dupont's tomorrow so that will be a real treat.
Pics tomorrow night
John
oldford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #379
Vic Piano

Sounds good john, wish we were up there with you. You know how we work, it's like a government job, and we’re mostly supervisors... LOL
Old 08-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #380
KiWinUS

Kube , it is tough lowering myself to your (& itstoms) intellectual level , unlike you , I have that choice . So did Buick make that DELIVERANCE? or have you been watching too much TV ? or maybe you were dropped on your head at DELIVERANCE?
[QUOTE=Kube;484529]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
der NO SHOOT COOP ,IT WENT WAY OVER your HEAD ............ SO SORRY ................GET YA GLOVE ON SON !!! I know exactly what Vic said !!!

Kiwi,
Is this an out take from DELIVERANCE? Did they not have school where you came from?
You should be thankful the good Lord made breathing an involuntary action or surely you'd suffocate within the confusion.
My God, so much wasted air...