Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
felix37

Default 37 tail light stands

My 37 rolled back into my work truck the other day and ruined my driver side tail light stand cracking what seems to be pot metal. My question is. Are there more than one style stand for the different body styles of 37's? as I have been looking at one on Ebay and it say's it is for a convertible but is not sure. looks identical to mine. item #220782283669 thanks barners
felix37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
StellCar

Default Re: 37 tail light stands

Check with Bob Drake he is making them.
StellCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
37 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix37 View Post
My 37 rolled back into my work truck the other day and ruined my driver side tail light stand cracking what seems to be pot metal. My question is. Are there more than one style stand for the different body styles of 37's? as I have been looking at one on Ebay and it say's it is for a convertible but is not sure. looks identical to mine. item #220782283669 thanks barners
According to the Early Ford V8 Club 1937 book on page 2-16 there may have been two different stands but probably what you need is the ones on Ebay. What I can decifer from book is stand is Ford part # 78-13471-A The other stand would be for the convertible sedan and phaeton it was Ford part # 78-13471-B it was 7/8" longer to accomadate the interference that was found on the deck lid to license plate. These would be a lot more rare then the one you need. Remember that the right side (pass) were different also from left. So what I understand in book is the ones on my coupe would be same as ones on your sedan. Doubt if part # I gave you will help unless someone has NOS one with tag on it,unless part # is cast underneath it.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix37 View Post
I feel your pain Felix. I damaged the right front fender on my '35 fordor while driving it onto the trailer last Feb. That was enough to make a grown man cry.

FL&WVMIKE had some nice original NOS '37 taillights and stands for sale here on the swap section a couple months ago. Not sure if all were sold. You might want to check with him.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 05-11-2011 at 11:26 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
felix37

Thanks for the information guy's! I always learn something here!
felix37 is offline   Reply With Quote