Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-14-2020, 09:06 AM   #1
guy1unico

Default RIP- Stacey Brown - Antique Auto Supply

Stacey Brown was a mainstay for classic car parts in the DFW area and all over the world. Stacey passed away last week.He had a fantastic knowledge of old American cars and the parts and knowledge to fix anything that went wrong.
He used to tell me: "Guy I don't have anything for a hot rod. What exact car are you working on."
Can you imagine buying every NOS part you saw @ a swap meet and dragging it back to resell in your 9 warehouse store!...well he did just that...check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VadAcb94GZE&t=7s
guy1unico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:55 AM   #2
RobR'35

Default Re: RIP- Stacey Brown - Antique Auto Supply

The guys that do this I have a great respect and admiration for. The forethought and passion being a driving force.
Let not forget a great memory too. All those part numbers and where they have the stuff stored. I don't think most use a computer.
Very cool!!
RobR'35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #3
Cool 33

One of the things that I really appreciated about Stacy was that, at least if he knew you, all you had to do was call him and let him know what you needed and he would mail it quickly and include the bill. Then you could mail him a check in return. also, he told me that after the Texas Country Reporter piece aired that he got a lot of leads on parts locations and also from folks that had large collections to sell.

Last edited by Cool 33; 04-14-2020 at 01:29 PM. Reason: additional
Cool 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:53 PM   #4
jimalabam

"Stace" as I called him, and I go back to the days I was in the Air Force and stationed at Carswell AFB in Fort Worth. Met Stacy when he was employed at the GM BOP Plant in Arlington, and I bought my first new car, a '57 Pontiac 347 Tri-Power 2 Dr Coupe at Frontier Pontiac in FW and the dealership arranged for me to pick up that car at the Arlington Plant. I already knew Stace through my Model A and swap meets. When he met me at the plant, his first comment was "Damn, we just built that one this morning." We have been friends all these years and when I attended Pate, we would have some long talks. "Sometimes" when I bought some "A" part, when I asked how much, he would say " Aw hell, Jim, it is on the house. I sit here not imaging that he is gone, but then realize that I at 83 "my road ahead is short." Best wishes to all the family and even though there are no parts in Heaven, Stace is up there looking. Jim Langley...
jimalabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #5
Marcus

Many fond memories of Stacy, but a typical one: on the Texas Tour to Paris, TX, we were sitting together, eating lunch. I casually mentioned that I was restoring a '52 International Harvester PU, L110, but had reached a stopping point. I needed a front engine mount (the IH only had a single center mount): Stacy said, "Marcus, how many do you need??" No checking inventory, no checking the computer. I replied that I only needed one, but would like to have two, just in case. After the tour, I stopped in Dallas to visit my sister for a couple of days. Upon arrival back to Mississippi, a UPS package was on my doorstep from Stacy: two NOS motor mounts, and no invoice! Had to call him to ask for an invoice!! Typical Stacy......a fine Christian Gentleman...... You are missed, Dear a Friend - Rest in Peace.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:12 PM   #6
Aarongriffey

Sure wish I would have known about him and his business when I could have still bought from him.
Aarongriffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:08 AM   #7
Frank Miller

Just read his article in the V8 Times about the beginning of the Pate swap meet.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:00 PM   #8
nickthebandit

I met Stacey many years ago when i went to Texas for the Pate Swap meet. he was still in the process of moving into a new building. I got into a 40 yard dumpster box that he had full of inside window moldings. I was able to buy 3, 1932 Ford 3 rear window moldings from him. He was a gentleman, and I wish that I could have spent more time with him and his parts.
nickthebandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 12:21 AM   #9
fortyonerag

RIP. I can recall the first time I went there. He just let me roam the shelves unattended.

"If you find something you want, just bring it here and we'll talk."
fortyonerag is offline   Reply With Quote