Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #41
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: Preferred Vendor for parts?

I prefer Berts , Brattons or Snyders . Berts has good used parts and sometimes even new old stock parts, they also handle the new reproduction parts . Brattons have the good repro parts and Walt is one of the best guys ever to deal with . If the parts are wrong Walt will take them back without problems . I still buy a lot of parts from Snyders . Snyders are one of the quickest to ship and they also handle the best repro parts .
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #42
Ranchero50

I'm 40 minutes from Brattons so the choice is easy. I will say that the quality of some of the parts was off and it was not a problem to return them (Ford grill emblem) and it's a very painless transaction. I will also say that you get what you give when dealing with small shops. Walking in it's more like a family than a business. Brattons doesn't really have a storefront, just a newer warehouse with a small office area out front. When the phone doesn't get answered it's because they are out back. They do stop in person sales to help phone customers.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:08 PM   #43
larrys40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-Mo View Post
Larry, are you referring to the one in Battlefield?
Yes,
His name is Rick smith . I realize that everyone knows and supports the other guys which I do mostly as well. But it’s nice to have a supplier nearby . His doesn’t have everything but that’s ok. He has some used parts as well.
I do Model A service and restoration work up in St. Louis area and have several cars in house from that area right now. I advertise in the national magazines if you need my number. It’s also on Mafca resource web link
I do agree that all the core suppliers are great and we are lucky to have them. None of our cars would be in the road without them .
Larry shepard
larrys40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #44
jrelliott

For us in Arizona, Arizona Model A Parts. Sammy has a lot of new and used parts. Great person to deal with. Just a phone call and will send the part. Shipping is cheaper and can drive there in about two hours.
jrelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #45
Ernie Vitucci

I also agree that Arizona Model A should be on the list of the good suppliers. Sammy Guthrie is very knowledgeable and very helpful...Order by phone 480-782-0266. They are open Tuesday through Friday. Ernie in Arizona
Ernie Vitucci is offline   Reply With Quote