Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #21
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Model a warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brierley View Post
While the above statements are true, increasing the warranty had nothing to do with quality. It is all about selling cars. More people will by if a longer warranty is included.
Jim I believe it was the movie 'Used Cars' with Kurt Russell (funny movie watch it if you have never seen it) where there is a line where a salesman says 'Warranties? Contracts? They're for suckers. I use them myself.'
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #22
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Model a warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brierley View Post
While the above statements are true, increasing the warranty had nothing to do with quality. It is all about selling cars. More people will by if a longer warranty is included.
This is true, although it kind of goes hand in hand where yes people will buy a car with a longer warranty BUT the car also has to ideally last as long/longer than said warranty or the company looses money in the long run. So only way to do that is build a better car with better quality parts.

I remember long ago even my parents were amazed at that kind of warranty and they've always had Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Plymouth, - never in a million years would we consider an import but that warranty raised eyebrows I'm sure in more than just our household not to mention it was on I think a $10K new car...