Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-14-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
JonC

Default 31 Std. Roadster

Starting to look at my roadster project and maybe a little overwhelmed. Standing looking at a body on the frame and a bunch of rusted sheet metal, that I think is the floor. Except, I can not find a place any fit, and may be missing one or two. So is their a book or diagram that shows how it fits together. I never have been very good at puzzles.

Last edited by JonC; 12-14-2016 at 10:40 AM. Reason: removed attempt to put in confused face
JonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #2
100IH

Default Re: 31 Std. Roadster

Tell us about your library. Books about identifying the correct components for your year and model vehicle. Do you have any? May I suggest getting catalogues from parts suppliers, they have diagrams of how assemblies fit together, pictures of what the correct parts look like, That is the question you are really asking. Next, comes the 'how to ---". All of these questions have been asked many times before and all of the answers are available by the thousands. Play with the search feature in the black bar at the top of the page.By the way Use the advanced search feature. Get in the habit of reading the posts each day, You will learn the names of the parts so you can ask questions that pertain to your task at hand. To start with, do a search for :"what books do I need?" Do another for "where do I get the parts I will need?" How can I find knowledgeable folks in my area? There you go. By the way, it's not impossible that parts that came with the car are wrong parts.
100IH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
JonC

My Library is limited, I have:
Model A Mechanics book and Troubleshooting by Les Andrews
Ford Service Bulletins
Judging Stds Published 1974
Ford Model A Carburetors

I also have Mac's and Brattons catalogs

This is not my 1st A but my first basket case. So I was hopeful there was a picture showing floor board placement. Jon
Old 12-14-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
midgetracer

This is from Snyders catalog, Hope it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00711.jpg (48.9 KB, 85 views)
midgetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:15 PM   #5
Bob C

Also check out the pictures on Brent's site. http://www.model-a-ford.com/proj_2.shtml

Bob
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #6
fundytides

Jon, I am also in the process of restoring a 31 std. roadster, with rumble seat. Luckily, all floor pans were in place although they were in bad shape. I will be replacing most of them and repairing a couple. The diagram from Snyders catalog will help you but if you need advice on how the pans go together and the assembly sequence etc. let me know and I will try to help out. I have removed all damaged pans and made some notes as I went along so that I would be able to fit them back together. Good luck!
fundytides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #7
JonC

Thanks guys, this was great. The catalog picture is perfect, Bob thanks for the link. Fundytides, that will be a great help as I try to install them, It looks like I am missing two pans but at least I know where they go now, thanks again,
Old 12-15-2016, 11:41 AM   #8
100IH

JonC, Don't hesitate to use the advanced search tool. I just did so for "floor pans 31 roadster" and found about 34 threads on the subject, many with pictures. The best one is near the top from a guy we have all admired, his name is FLOP. Builds a complete basket case like yours.
100IH is offline   Reply With Quote