Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
Logan

Default Slant Windshield body with chassis

City: Fort Worth
State: Texas
Price: $4500

This is a slant windshield body with a frame, window regulators, rear end, front end, new splash aprons, radiator, engine & tranny, rear fenders, a hood, NO front fenders, and some more misc. chassis pieces. This is an original unrestored body. What you see is what you get. No hidden secrets under old paint, or even new paint. The cowls and wheel wells need patch panels just like any other unrestored car would need. The rust isnt horrible, but needs patch panels to be done correctly. There are 3 big area's that will need body work done. the bottom of the rear window frame has a crease in it, the passenger side rear cab corner has a couple of pretty good size dents but nothing that isnt fixable. Then the passenger rear door has a crease in it, from where the previous owner put it on a boat trailer and it looks like it got leaned on a runner board on the boat trailer. I consider every panel on the car fixable, as long as someone has a decent understanding of body work, or doesnt mind paying someone to do the body work. I just dont want to give a false representation that this is a "superb" original body. On a side note, this body would make a great put together car, and drive it as a "rusty" model a. If youve been looking for a nice "rusty" car to put together and drive with the outside still rusty, then this is the car for you. It still even has some of he original paint still on it, just slowly fading away.

The motor turns over freely, but i have no idea what the condition of the internals are. It could be a runnable motor, or something that needs rebuilding, thats up for the next owner to figure out. Although it appears to be a '28 motor and transmission with the parking break in front of the shifter, and the front timing gear cover set up for a solid front motor mount. The condition of the rear end is unknown, but it is complete.

Most of the pieces that you'd need to make this into a rolling car are included in this sale. If you are interested in the car please email me at [email protected] or call me at 817-727-ninenine48. I would post pictures on here, but my computer doesn't like to upload pictures correctly to fordbarn. I would be glad to email photos, or text photos. I have pictures of every "ugly" spot so that the interested persons will know exactly what they'd be getting if they decide to buy it. It never hurts to shoot me an offer, but at the same time don't be offended if i just say no thank you. I wish i could restore this car, because it is exactly what i'd like to have but i've got 4 model a's already, and 2 of those are still in the build process, and i already have plans for my next build that will start next summer. So my plate is full, hopefully someone would like to have this who will turn it back into a car again.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:19 AM   #2
Logan

Default Re: Slant Windshield body with chassis

Bump
Old 09-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
Logan

Btt
Old 09-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
Logan

Price drop $4,000
Old 09-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Logan

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Btt make offer