Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
Bruce Lancaster
Member Emeritus

Default Movie alert!

I was dragged out of my cave to the movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" last night by my grandkids. Movie itself was pretty much all flashy special effects for the Harry Potter crowd, but it was set in NYC in 1926. Nearly all the traffic shown was Model T's, mostly a considerable variety of 1920's Models. Old car scenes were numerous but brief; I almost missed some flashes of interesting looking stuff, and except for some Buick police cars did not have enough time to ID much except the familiar Fords. Something brass went by, but was gone before I could focus. Ford appearances are frequent enough to keep you awake though all the dragons, especially if you like expensive popcorn.
Bruce Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Steve Jelf

Default Re: Movie alert!

The CGI wasn't all devoted to dragons. Some of the New York street scenes were very impressive. But I agree, the glimpses of the traffic were often too brief to suit me.
Steve Jelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #3
Bruce Lancaster
Member Emeritus

Yes, the architectural shots and both the disintegrations and reassemblies of the buildings were nice! Almost good enough to be instruction clips entitled "Build your own tenament." The Platypus-like little monster was great, done by someone who has known small predators. The bigger livestock somehow all seemed standard D&D though.
Bruce Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:13 PM   #4
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lancaster View Post
I was dragged out of my cave to the movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" last night by my grandkids. Movie itself was pretty much all flashy special effects for the Harry Potter crowd, but it was set in NYC in 1926. Nearly all the traffic shown was Model T's, mostly a considerable variety of 1920's Models. Old car scenes were numerous but brief; I almost missed some flashes of interesting looking stuff, and except for some Buick police cars did not have enough time to ID much except the familiar Fords. Something brass went by, but was gone before I could focus. Ford appearances are frequent enough to keep you awake though all the dragons, especially if you like expensive popcorn.
Hey Bruce,
Thanks for the review, as the grandkids might like this movie as described by you !
No, I do not like expensive popcorn. I would stuff my pockets full of home made, if she would stop putting all that butter on it !
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:24 PM   #5
41panelmark

Good flick, nice to see the lizzy's running around.
41panelmark is offline   Reply With Quote