Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-14-2014, 11:11 PM   #41
Lanny

Default Re: one of a kind 33 Fordor

I LOVE the '33-'34 Ford roadsters, and coupes, both 3 and 5 window, but I got to say
that I think your '33 Looks as good or Better than any of Henrys cars.
It just plain has a Great look to it. You have to be proud to have built that beauty.

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
But if daddy ain't happy...RUN
Lanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #42
Dave Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry/Texas View Post
I saw the '33 and visited with Dave at the Grand National-Lake Tahoe. It is indeed a great looking car and it is very Professionally done. The body would pass for an original body style by Ford if you didn't know better. Again Dave, enjoyed talking to you about the car
Larry it was good talking to you too, a lot of people there were a long way from home , it was great having so many nice cars in the neighborhood .

Thank you all for the positive opinions of my 33 . I finished the project in January 2004 and am still Loving this old Fordor

Dave Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:15 PM   #43
Dave Mc

Bringing this thread back to the top for those who may not seen my 33 Fordor Victoria Convertible Sedan

Old 10-17-2017, 01:21 AM   #44
mercman from oz

Great skills in creating this one of a kind 33 Ford. I thought that I would enlarge the pictures so that people could see the car and the workmanship much better.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:30 AM   #45
stangblue

Dave you are "A Master Craftsman" Nice job! I like your sliding deadbolt design for the door latch how did you attach the rod to the door on the rear of the sliding rod? Or is it held by the escutcheon or tension clip?
Old 10-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #46
Dave Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangblue View Post
Dave you are "A Master Craftsman" Nice job! I like your sliding deadbolt design for the door latch how did you attach the rod to the door on the rear of the sliding rod? Or is it held by the escutcheon or tension clip?
Thank you , The tail of the Sliding 1/4" Rod is passing through the upholstery Clip , which is slipped onto the inner door frame and anchored with a small screw, the Rod has notches filed into the tail to secure it in either open or closed position the upholstery clip provides spring tension to the rod . one important part of the system is the solid Stainless Steel Male Dovetail , which holds the Locking Rod securely ( no twist ) I hope this answers your question .Having the Lock button midway in the door is more convenient and less likely to be forgotten to engage the Lock , as with most aftermarket systems are located at the bottom of the Door. D Mc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0212.jpg (41.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0216.jpg (43.9 KB, 13 views)