Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-15-2017, 09:01 PM   #21
redmodelt

Default Re: Turn signal mounting options

Column mount for me too! I want the switch where my hand us use to finding it, or very close. That's were I have mine on my T and will install same on next one also.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:11 PM   #22
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aermotor View Post
Were you able to incorporate the turn signals into the Brakelighter or just the brake light?

John
I installed Mark's and the Brakelighter lights as a brake light plus works with the turn signals. Just cut the wire to separate the two sides electrically.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:43 AM   #23
aermotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
I installed Mark's and the Brakelighter lights as a brake light plus works with the turn signals. Just cut the wire to separate the two sides electrically.
What/who is Mark's? I previously called both Logolites and Brakelighter and was told that the Logolites control box was "maxed" out and could not handle the addition of the Brakeliter window bar.

John
aermotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:24 AM   #24
Tacoma Bob

Quote:
Were you able to incorporate the turn signals into the Brakelighter or just the brake light?

John
John.....you got me thinkin so I just checked the car. I do have the brake lighter wired into the brake lights. The Logo Lites are independent. Sorry about that!.
Tacoma Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #25
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
What/who is Mark's? I previously called both Logolites and Brakelighter and was told that the Logolites control box was "maxed" out and could not handle the addition of the Brakeliter window bar.

John
Here's a link to my review: You need to change the dot net to DOT COM

https://www.vintagefordforum.net/for...al-review-info
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:06 PM   #26
ALJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike657894 View Post
i mounted mine down 6 inches from the steering wheel putting it in a simliar location as newer cars. I dont like the looks of extra lights so my trun signals are in my head lights and in my tails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfu9EfRDcqY

edit: I guess I do like extra lights seeing I have an extra tail light to make my system work.
What bulbs did you use in the headlights?
ALJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #27
mike657894

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJ View Post
What bulbs did you use in the headlights?
Wellllll. I have switched to 1157 due to there availability. And im converted to 12v. I used smooth 1157 bulb sockets from ebay through china about $1 a piece. I gave the socket holders a slight squeeze at the end with pliers to grip the sockets with intent to solder them in later. I dont know the style number but there should be a 6v bulb that will fit in the ford socket. The old 6v and 1157 are similar with the locator pins in different spots. I'll do a search and see if I can find an amber 6v bulb.

I found them in 10 packs on ebay in standard filiment for 20$ you would have to inspect your current park lamp bulbs. but i think this would be a fit with the single low locating pin .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ten-Pack-of...lZd-a-&vxp=mtr

I like buying the 10 packs. I have 7 extra brake light bulbs under my seat. some people may see that as a waste of 7 bucks.

Edit: leds are polarity specific and are most likey negative ground. so you may want to avoid them.
this led from china might be a fit as well. but I would buy extras if ordering from china.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-1156-ba1...dYRiSk&vxp=mtr

Last edited by mike657894; 12-17-2017 at 11:55 AM.
mike657894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #28
RB_Nielsen

X2 for Turnswitch.com - best turn signal system available, and 100% solid state that functions w/o requiring a pesky flasher. Features include easy accommodation of 3rd brake light, self-cancelling, 4-way flash, rugged assembly that uses screws to firmly attach wires, built-in audible beep, and works out of the box with either 6V or 12V. I chose their toggle option and added two 6V LEDs from Amazon that I mounted on a small SS plate attached to the dash on the left side. All wiring except toggle hidden behind gas tank so installation is clean/out of sight. I quickly became used to flicking the toggle, and especially enjoy the convenience of the self-cancelling feature.

Last edited by RB_Nielsen; 12-20-2017 at 12:02 PM.
RB_Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #29
ALJ

I'm contemplating a turn signal setup using the park light sockets inside the head light buckets. The information you provided will be helpful. Thank you.
ALJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #30
KCTA Chris

I believe I'm on to a solution. Since I'm swapping my truck back to a "AA" style configuration and will have some vintage aftermarket goodies I just purchased an old Signal-Stat arm. after the comments I dont think it will be an issue with spark rad and can mount it a little lower on the column. Black paint and polished polished data plate should make it spiffy. Stuff it with new turn signal kit electronics LED indicator lights should be the ticket safer highway cruising.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg (72.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (90.1 KB, 13 views)
KCTA Chris is offline   Reply With Quote