Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
ken ct
BANNED

Default Model "A" fuel pump

City: stratford
State: ct

I need a # for an electric fuel pump 12 V to run on 6 V model"A" with dual carbs. I know it will run at reduced pressure and speed which is what i want,gonna eliminate useing a regulator.Auto zone etc etc. I need a #. everybodys says yea you can do this but nobody gives me a model or #. I cant go in there and just ask for a fuel pump.Yea whats it for their gonna ask???? I need a # please. thanks for all the replys.ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
jdl

Send a message via ICQ to jdl
Default Re: Model "A" fuel pump

Ken, here is what Autozone shows..
heres the link to Autozone also..
Try Carquest or Napa first

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...fier=76843_0_0_

Airtex Products/10 to 14 PSI 20 to 25 GPH electric fuel pump

Part Number:
E8887

Features & Benefits

Carbureted Gas or Diesel Applications - - Universal fuel pumps are designed for custom and specialty applications, not as replacements for OEM electric fuel pumps. Determine vehicle pressure, flow, and electrical requirements before choosing a universal fuel pump. Universal fuel pumps are available in 6, 12, and 24 volt configurations for a variety of pressure and flow specifications. New fuel filter required to validate warranty.
  • 12 Volts
  • 10-14 PSI
  • 35 GPH
  • 5/16" Hose
Part Number:E8887Weight:1.4 lbsWarranty:1 YRType:Electric Fuel Pump
Tank:20 - 25 GPH
Gaskets Included:YesInlet Attachement:Inlet-Female ThreadInlet Count:1Inlet Size (In):Inlet-1/8-27NPSFInstallation Hardware Included:YesMaximum Free Flow Rate (gph):25Maximum Pressure Range (psi):14Minimum Free Flow Rate (gph):20Minimum Pressure Range (psi):10OEM Part Number:N/AOutlet Attachment:Outlet-FemaleThreadOutlet Count:1Outlet Size:Outlet - 1/8-27 NPSFPackage Contents:Pump and KitPerformance Item:OEM Standard PartShipping Information:Overnight and Two Day shipping are not available for PO Box, APO/FPO/DPO or US Territory addresses.
jdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
deuce lover

Ken,All those after market electric pumps will require you to run a regulator.Speedway has a nice regulator you can set at 2.5 lbs for $29.Comes with brass hose fittings ,not plastic.
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
uncle buck

Ken, You might look at a NAPA NFP # P4259 it is a 6-volt pump. It will need a regulator to get the pressure down where you want it.

6 Volt Attributes Fuel Pump Fitting Size[s] : 1/4" NPSF
Fuel Pump Fitting Type[s] : Rotary vane
Fuel Pump Gallons Per Hour : 72 gph
Fuel Pump Line Size : 3/8"
Fuel Pump Pressure Rating : 4 - 5.75

Last edited by uncle buck; 09-26-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: i
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
Cecil-Indiana

Ken, beware of diaphragm pumps. I purchased a 6v one a couple years ago in the fall and tried to start my car with no luck and left it set until the next summer and the rubber had fallen apart from the gasoline we use today. Did not get one mile of use out of it.
Cecil-Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
midgetracer

Hi Ken,
After numerous failures of NAPA diaphragm pumps,(NAPA P74021 to be specific), I talked to the Carter folks as they make the NAPA pumps. I got a helpful guy who suggested that I return the P74021 pump and get a rotary one instead. I have gotten the one he suggested (P60504) and run it on a roadster that has a V8-60 and two 81s and running 12 volts. I needed a regulator to keep the pressure to 2.5 psi. I use a Holly regulator and a gauge to see the pressure. I was so happy with the performance (two and a half years now), that I purchased a second one and ran it at 6volts on a B powered pickup(twin 81s again). It puts out 2.5 psi on the gauge without a regulator and seems to be performing well after one driving season. I would defiantly stay away from the solenoid pumps even though they claim to be usable with gasahol. I went through three of them in 6 months. Napa will warranty them, but that is little comfort when you are sitting at the side of the road.
midgetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
uncle buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetracer View Post
Hi Ken,
After numerous failures of NAPA diaphragm pumps,(NAPA P74021 to be specific), I talked to the Carter folks as they make the NAPA pumps. I got a helpful guy who suggested that I return the P74021 pump and get a rotary one instead. I have gotten the one he suggested (P60504) and run it on a roadster that has a V8-60 and two 81s and running 12 volts..
The P4259 I mentioned is a 6-Volt rotary vane style, and yes they are far more durable with todays fuel.
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote